Testing before Vegas (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
If I heard right the DSR cars, I understood TF and maybe FC tested at Las Vegas last week before the race this weekend. This was after the Phoenix race. I know you have x amount of days to test each year, anywhere you please to go. The question I have though is - 1- was this an open test session, open and available to anyone to participate in and, 2 - if NOT an open test, how is it fair that a team can test at the track where the next race is scheduled? That is like giving at least 4 - 5 extra qualifying laps to someone. Yes, weather and track conditions may not be the same week after next, but it does not seem fair if only 1 team is afforded that opportunity!

I believe the RULES allow a team to test at a track one week before the National Event....

everyone gets the same rule book...maybe they should read it...LOL:D

Test was the Monday After Phoenix, which was well over a week before the Race... allowed by the rules... they had the 'time' on the books... they used it.

d'kid

If they want to test, and are allowed to test, then they should go match race at smaller tracks. Like the old days! Bring Nitro to the masses who can't afford to go to a Big Show Race. And allow the small teams make a buck between the Big Show races.

If they want to test, and are allowed to test, then they should go match race at smaller tracks. Like the old days! Bring Nitro to the masses who can't afford to go to a Big Show Race. And allow the small teams make a buck between the Big Show races.

While that seems like an interesting idea, it's not workable. The track makes the difference, and the difference between a national-event quality track and smaller track is immense. Bumps that a 200mph car wouldn't even notice will send a 300mph fuel car into the wall. And smaller tracks just don't have the skills, experience, or equipment to prep a track for a fuel car of today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back