Terry Haddock (1 Viewer)

I see on face book that Haddock has a newer dragster? Any news on who's Fuel Dragster he brought...

will it be sponsored by Duck brand duct tape too?

Michael Beard - on track 10.jpg

I see on face book that Haddock has a newer dragster? Any news on who's Fuel Dragster he brought...

He was due for a new one. The car he had been running was from the Evan Knoll / Scotty Cannon days.

I wonder if he got Jenna's car back?

At any rate, good luck to Terry in 2018. He was turning the corner at the end of last year. It was running pretty good.

The car he purchased went back to Ty and has been extensively updated and meets the new 2018 NHRA TF spec - its as current as any chassis out there. Its a really nice piece (Ty does fantastic work) and is going together with good stuff. Terry is obviously not funded like the top 8 cars in the class, but I believe he's turning the corner and will be more competitive in 2018.

All you guys can make jokes, but he's the one sacrificing and working hard as an independent to make his dreams happen - and to do what most of us wish we would be doing.

oh man terry.....Q1 and another 4k fine.....5th penalty this season. i'm not gonna' lie. i feel sorry for terry. i really want him to succeed.

The car he purchased went back to Ty and has been extensively updated and meets the new 2018 NHRA TF spec - its as current as any chassis out there. Its a really nice piece (Ty does fantastic work) and is going together with good stuff.
He also seems like a really cool guy too. Talked to him many years ago at Cordova and he was friendly as can be. I was talking to a guy at 2016 Cedar Falls Night of Fire that was helping out Haddock and it ended up being Ty, again nice as can be.

I was very proud of Terry this weekend, he had a much improved outing not only in qualifying but in the first round. He competes on a shoe string in sport that even millionaires can no long afford. So please give him some slack. I admire this tenacity and he's living my dream so I will always root for him! My car is a handful just to get to the track so I can't imagine what it takes to run Top Fuel when you don't have extra deep pockets.

not dakin,worm,totten, or densham oiled the track this weekend... just sayin.

Last edited:
not haddock,worm,totten, or densham oiled the track this weekend... just sayin.

Run notes Top Fuel session #1 of qualifying.

Left Lane: Terry Haddock Runs 4.038/252.90, Now #1
Right Lane: Richie Crampton Runs 6.893/89.47, Now #3

Haddock was on what looked like a good clean pass until on the top end when the car pitched the blower belt. The word from the top end is there is oil, so apparently he used up an engine. Terry Haddock was charged with an oildown, #5 for the season. That will cost 15 points and $4K.

Crampton is up in smoke right at the hit and clicked it off.

Run notes Top Fuel session #1 of qualifying.

Left Lane: Terry Haddock Runs 4.038/252.90, Now #1
Right Lane: Richie Crampton Runs 6.893/89.47, Now #3

Haddock was on what looked like a good clean pass until on the top end when the car pitched the blower belt. The word from the top end is there is oil, so apparently he used up an engine. Terry Haddock was charged with an oildown, #5 for the season. That will cost 15 points and $4K.

Crampton is up in smoke right at the hit and clicked it off.
Thanks for providing actual facts Dave ... you beat me to it

Keep this in perspective... DSR, JFR or Kalitta cars make as many passes or more in a weekend than Haddock probably makes all year. Comparing Haddock to mega teams isn't right.

I respect "little guys" that want to run with the "big dogs"...
but ya gotta RUN with them, like Scott Palmer did...and now Shawn Reed...congrats to those teams

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back