Terry Haddock (1 Viewer)

Wasn't it a race or two back that he was shut off at the line because one of the rear brake rotors disintegrated during the burnout? How does that even happen? I know Terry might be using parts that are (wayyyyyy) past their sell-by date but come on! He should at the very least run A-fuel, that might be doable for him.

Nothing worse than a guy with champagne taste with beer money!
He should hang it up! I truly think NHRA has put up with him because they are using him as a filler car but with the turn around times getting shorter and shorter for live TV feeds he is more of a liability!
They will send him home packing!

I'm glad he is out there. Every one wants 32 car fields like the old days. Well there were a lot of leakers in those big fields.
Like Steve Evans used to say. (Some will go and some will blow!!! Be there.)

Some of posters make it seem like he does this on purpose, it costs him money when it fireballs, money that could be used elsewhere.

But then, those same posters have no idea what it takes to run a car since their Top Keyboard takes no effort to do.

I'm glad he is out there. Every one wants 32 car fields like the old days. Well there were a lot of leakers in those big fields.
Like Steve Evans used to say. (Some will go and some will blow!!! Be there.)

Troy, bite your tongue how dare you say there were leakers and fillers "back in the day".

Some of posters make it seem like he does this on purpose, it costs him money when it fireballs, money that could be used elsewhere.

But then, those same posters have no idea what it takes to run a car since their Top Keyboard takes no effort to do.

No one is saying he does it on purpose. What everyone is getting at is that maybe he doesn't have the money or prep to run the car properly.

Nothing worse than a guy with champagne taste with beer money!
He should hang it up! I truly think NHRA has put up with him because they are using him as a filler car but with the turn around times getting shorter and shorter for live TV feeds he is more of a liability!
They will send him home packing!
Its a good thing that you didn't give John Force advice back years ago.:) Fans use to say the same thing about Terry Mcmillan and yet he turned his operation around and went to the finals just a few weeks ago. Look at how Scott Palmer is running right now because he never gave up, and got a little help. I wouldn't throw the towl in on Terry just yet because when I left the truck dealership in Sioux City IA yesterday one of his crew guys was sitting there waiting on the paper work to be finished for a pretty nice low mileage pre owned Peterbuilt truck which he needs if he is going to stay out here. I wouldn't throw the towl in on NHRA just yet either because they have 3 new Volvos sitting there waiting to be delivered to Indy next week... so I don't think neither Terry or NHRA are planning on quitting anytime soon. It will be weird not seeing Terry in Indy though because he will be overseas "not drinking champagne" but driving a Top Fuel car.:D

Last edited:
Wasn't it a race or two back that he was shut off at the line because one of the rear brake rotors disintegrated during the burnout? How does that even happen? I know Terry might be using parts that are (wayyyyyy) past their sell-by date but come on! He should at the very least run A-fuel, that might be doable for him.

Well when you figure 1st round money in Alcohol is $1,600, compared to $10,000 in the Fuel classes.

Submitted without comment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170919-143349.jpg
    Screenshot_20170919-143349.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 177
Dr. Robert Post had a great chapter about those with the needle so deep that there is no other option... Terry is no different than more than half the guys that have ever run in the history of the fuel cars; it's just that he (luckly) has always walked away when things have gone wrong.

I have no problem with low buck guys what makes me scratch my head is the economics of it. Ok a top team has all the best brand new parts which are super expensive. Fine. But the car is more likely to come back in one piece. Also parts will be chucked after so many runs. Now yes that is expensive.

Ok then you have a low buck guy, who does not have the best parts, gets some good deals here and there with less financial investment, maybe runs them a bit too many times, but absolutely destroys the engines a lot.

Are used parts just so cheap that blowing up used stuff A LOT! is more economical then buying brand new and keeping everything healthy and in one piece and maybe just running a tad bit conservative on the tune up?

I am not trying to offend anyone, but I am just confused on that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back