Terry Haddock (1 Viewer)

Bubba

Nitro Member
Terry's season so far.

Pomona Q3 - Oil down #1

Phoenix Q2 - No brakes, drove to end of track
Phoenix Q3 - late starting the car, DQ'd because he was told not to start it.
Phoenix E1 - Oil down # 2

Skipped Gainesville

Las Vegas Q3 - Oil down # 3, engine went boom at about 60 feet, Terry coasted the entire length of the track.

I know NHRA is hurting for Top Fuel cars, but how much more Haddock shenanigans and delays is NHRA will to put up with?

He had problems a number of years ago and NHRA suspended him for the rest of the season.
I guess he needs more reliable help, dunno.

Don't you dare bring up facts when it comes to Haddock..... You'll be crucified by those 'give the everyday guy a shot' crowd!

I like Haddock and respect his drive, but, I've personally sat through two different, extended oil downs, in different years, because of Haddock.

Unless/until he can afford to race nitro without causing a dumpster fire, he needs to give it up.

He had problems a number of years ago and NHRA suspended him for the rest of the season.
I guess he needs more reliable help, dunno.

the story I heard was he had nylon wire ties holding the spark plug ballistic restraints on and the NHRA "suggested" he go home and use the last 3 races of the season to "re-evaluate his operation"...

the story I heard was he had nylon wire ties holding the spark plug ballistic restraints on and the NHRA "suggested" he go home and use the last 3 races of the season to "re-evaluate his operation"...

You are correct. I didn't want to mention it because I seem to root for the under dog teams that don't really have a chance to win but, From what I heard was when they were finishing up, They broke the bolts and were called up to the line and Terry said, just use the big zip ties to hold the cover down. Guess it bit him in the a$$. Now I would guess it's gonna be back to normal for NHRA to hawk on him again. IMO He needs better guys to be on his team because it seems like right now he has a bunch of Jiffy Lube guys servicing his car. Don't get me wrong, I Love The Guy but C'mon he needs a better crew if he wants to at least get somewhere on the ladder.

You are correct. I didn't want to mention it because I seem to root for the under dog teams that don't really have a chance to win but, From what I heard was when they were finishing up, They broke the bolts and were called up to the line and Terry said, just use the big zip ties to hold the cover down. Guess it bit him in the a$$. Now I would guess it's gonna be back to normal for NHRA to hawk on him again. IMO He needs better guys to be on his team because it seems like right now he has a bunch of Jiffy Lube guys servicing his car. Don't get me wrong, I Love The Guy but C'mon he needs a better crew if he wants to at least get somewhere on the ladder.
Certainly crew guys and gals can make mistakes, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Everything starts from the top.

What Terry should do is run TAD for a while, more fun and less expensive.

I was going to say the same thing, maybe he should run A-fuel and actually have a chance of going rounds and not blowing up. Right now he's trying to squeeze dollars out of quarters with the TF program and not getting anywhere.

Don't you dare bring up facts when it comes to Haddock..... You'll be crucified by those 'give the everyday guy a shot' crowd!

I like Haddock and respect his drive, but, I've personally sat through two different, extended oil downs, in different years, because of Haddock.

Unless/until he can afford to race nitro without causing a dumpster fire, he needs to give it up.
Going to a drag race is like going to a buffet, you watch or eat what they have. You don't get to order. Do you only want to watch high dollar teams? I wouldn't walk 15 feet to watch Pro Stock and I don't like it when they run Pro Stock qualifying with weather coming in and then cancel Fuel qualifying. So do I think all the Pro Stock Cars should Quit? No. I would rather see someone out there trying than have one less car.

spark plug restraints are there because spectators have been hit by them....can't justify his actions just because we need another "backmarker" out there

Everybody has to start somewhere. I know he's been doing it for a bit, but still. John Force used to blow everything up all the time. I love Funny Car, but there is no way ever I could afford to buy a fuel car. Let alone even hire crew to help me run it. I can't say anything negative about Terry Haddock. He is out there actually trying. He is trying against multi-millionaire teams. If people keep shunning the little guys, all we will have to root for is the multi-car teams. Does he need better help/technology/data? Yes, he does. All that takes tons of money though. If John Force had quit all those years ago, NHRA would be a totally different company.

Not just Force but almost everone was blowing or burning there stuff a lot different back then.

We were doing match race in Amarillo Tx and blew up caught fire, fire truck ( pickup ) fire exting, were empty and car burn to ashes Mid 70s

Not just Force but almost everone was blowing or burning there stuff a lot different back then.
That's very true, however most guys from back in the day were blowing it up on the big end, not at the tree. I can't remember the last time I saw any of Terry's cars make it to half track under power. Jeff Deihl's on a budget, yet his car RUNS. I love little guys and I would love to see Terry Haddock win even one round, but something's wrong when your car can't make it to the 330 cone under power with all 8 lit every time

seem to remember luigi not making it very far without catastrophe too, then he seemed to learn a thing or two, not as
explosive as in past; slower but respectable and clean runs. it can happen.
what happened to haddock's younger wife jenny in the TF?

Going to a drag race is like going to a buffet, you watch or eat what they have. You don't get to order. Do you only want to watch high dollar teams? I wouldn't walk 15 feet to watch Pro Stock and I don't like it when they run Pro Stock qualifying with weather coming in and then cancel Fuel qualifying. So do I think all the Pro Stock Cars should Quit? No. I would rather see someone out there trying than have one less car.

You missed the point.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back