Terry Haddock (2 Viewers)

He ran well in the IHRA....even won a championship. I think the technology has gotten away from him by either knowledge, $$$ or most definitely both.
You have to lean on the parts so damned hard now to even run respectable.
Maybe he can get some help for a good, safe baseline 3.90 combo...I

IHRA was a total different animal. Look at how dominate Clay was over there and made the switch to NHRA and it's been tough. It took him a while to get where he is now.

No I didn't. No problem with being suspended for a safety violation. You don't like sitting during an oil down. I don't like Pro Stock and the stop and go cars. You go to a race you watch what they have, might not be what you and I want, but we know that going in.

Again, missed the point.

My basic point was (which you can go back and read in full as I'm now just copying/pasting):

Unless/until he can afford to race nitro without causing a dumpster fire, he needs to give it up.

The issues of oil downs versus your liking/disliking different classes of racing are two entirely different discussions.

Simply put, you shouldn't have to pay $50 a ticket, $8 a beer to watch some dude shit the bed every run. Much different than saying I don't like sitting through PS or PSB after the nitro classes, which IS something I know going into an event.

Last edited:
instead of Scott Palmer, a much reformed leaker, Cat Spot kitty litter should have formed an all star TF team with...Haddock and Luigi Novelli

:p

Scott Palmer is a cool dude and his GF Ashley is a sweetheart.... I hope they go rounds at some point.

I have never met Haddock. I am sure he's a nice enough individual but as others have stated, if fans start expecting your car to be a food or bathroom break generator then either move to A/Fuel or maybe it's time to retire.

I can think of another racer that had issues with oildowns.... Terry McMillan. He seemed to get his act together and nowadays seems to make clean runs with a lot more frequency.

Last edited:
I can think of another racer that had issues with oildowns.... Terry McMillan. He seemed to get his act together and nowadays seems to make clean runs with a lot more frequency.

yes he is the other, much reformed leaker. I would do anything to stop oildowns if they cost me as much as Terry put out that weekend in Houston

terry m 7a.jpg

I have never met Haddock. I am sure he's a nice enough

I was walking through the pits last year when Terry was towing up to the lanes. He was in his car and I told him good luck. He said - "Thank you, and also thank you for coming out to the track today and supporting NHRA drag racing." I thought that was pretty cool.

I think Him and Palmer ran side by side, .90 to an .85 or something like that clean and dry. To me that was just as cool at seeing a side by side .70 by one of the touring teams.

How many oil downs did Morgan Lucas have last season?

Didn't a driver(s) have lights that were activated remotely from the team at the starting line when they saw oil coming out?

Hate to say it but Haddock just doesn't have the money to race TOP FUEL the guy is a total disaster and dangerous he needs to sell his junk and move on... look at his reaction times total joke.. why do you think his wife dumped him not because of the 27 year age difference but all his empty promises.. He is a dreamer that has lived his last dream in the NHRA... GO BACK TO IHRA

what happened to haddock's younger wife jenny in the TF?

Terry and Jenna are divorced. She took one car he took the other.

Didn't I just read an article in the last few months about the touring teams helping out the Luigi's, Palmer's, and Haddock's of the world to at least have clean runs? I thought the article said something about keeping them from leaking first, then getting them a little more competitive. Is Terry not accepting the help? I wish I could remember where I read that article.

Last edited:
Terry and Jenna are divorced. She took one car he took the other.

Didn't I just read an article in the last few months about the touring teams helping out the Luigi's, Palmer's, and Haddock's of the world to at least have clean runs? I thought the article said something about keeping them from leaking first, then getting them a little more competitive. Is Terry not accepting the help? I wish I could remember where I read that article.

Probably this one from DRAGZINE.

http://www.dragzine.com/features/nhras-schreck-heads-initiative-to-lift-struggling-fuel-teams/

I always wondered the same thing. Terry seems like a great guy and he is doing what we all dream of, but if what I read in that article is true, how can he grenade his stuff every time it runs? I realize that running past-their-prime parts is a contributing factor, but hasn't someone stepped in to lend a hand tuning? If they haven't, they should and if they have and it's been ignored, then it's a different story. I saw his car in Seattle, all torn apart on race day after not qualifying with only one crew member hanging out in the pits. I stopped by a couple times hoping to meet Terry, but never saw him. If that were my operation shitting itself every run, I'd be on it day and night.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back