team summit and the pit "curtains" (1 Viewer)

I didn't go to Denver this year.. But IF they are Putting up Cutains ALL the way around the cars so no one can see them.. Let see the Photos of it.. and not just the back end to keep the dust, trash. sun out of the pits. If it's the back as well.. Gee where is all these stupid camera phones when you need them..

Seams to me though if they or any one else has something to hide.. I'd say it's Curtains for the Sponcer in a short amount of time as well. people like drivers and hotrods.. thats what drag racing is bulit on. If I spent big bucks on getting my name out there at the race track.. and all the fans got to see was curtains.. well it might be better if I paid for 100 trailer trucks to carry my logos while driving all around the counrty every day 24/7 365 for the same or less money.. I'd reach more peple.

The Summit camp is a good bunch of guys. And the points tell all.. but the fans buying product might not like spending money with some one who allows their racers, who are spokes people to shun them away.

So let see the Darn pics from all these races here on out and if you don't like it.. call summit.. other wise shut your mouth and stop key board yelling about nothing.

The Summit camp is a good bunch of guys. And the points tell all.. but the fans buying product might not like spending money with some one who allows their racers, who are spokes people to shun them away.

So let see the Darn pics from all these races here on out and if you don't like it.. call summit.. other wise shut your mouth and stop key board yelling about nothing.

Now I agree with we need to see pics to confirm the whole deal here. I don't know if they are curtaining off the entire thing or not.

I was in Bristol, and the closest I got to the Summit pit was I think I almost walked by it once. I don't at all agree with them being a good bunch of guys. (Uh-oh, somebody opened their mouth).

But I can give you a first hand account of something.
About 2 years ago at Commerce we got there on a Saturday or Sunday as soon as gates opened and I was walking the pits with a boy that always goes with us (he was about 11 at the time).
We walked back into the P/S pits and there were a few of the teams already up and at it. Jason Line walks out and stands close to his trailer, talking on his cell phone for a little bit, and the boy I was with (knowing who he was, liking him) wanted his autograph. So we stood, not invading him by any means, but he saw us, and waited. Well, he hung up, walked around, a bit, the boy stood there with Sharpie out, and Jason looked, laughed, and went back in his trailer.

Guess 1 autograph wasn't worth stopping. Good guy I tell you.
You can say what you want about him maybe having something to do or whatever - but by the pace he was moving - trust me, this wasn't the case. Any racer that cared at all would have just simply stopped and signed an autograph for a little boy.

DLB

A little late, but here are the Summit cars in Ohio...

P1010908.jpg

P1010907.jpg

Who knows, maybe they are there just so GA and JL don't have to look at the 4 or 5 people standing around waiting for an autograph. If you ask me, they've let their success go to their head, as a lot of racers tend to do. I remember when GA first started driving you could tell he was just grateful for the opportunity. But between this and his crying because he didn't understand autostart, I just have very little respect for him regardless of how good he is. Pro Stock is like any other class, it's very cyclical and very humbling, and eventually his reign will be up, curtains or no curtains.

Who knows, maybe they are there just so GA and JL don't have to look at the 4 or 5 people standing around waiting for an autograph. If you ask me, they've let their success go to their head, as a lot of racers tend to do. I remember when GA first started driving you could tell he was just grateful for the opportunity. But between this and his crying because he didn't understand autostart, I just have very little respect for him regardless of how good he is. Pro Stock is like any other class, it's very cyclical and very humbling, and eventually his reign will be up, curtains or no curtains.

I'm sure team Summit is finding this thread very entertaining. ;)

If this was the view available to the fans, I don't have a problem with it, personally.

Sean D

I agree Sean.

THAT is what the fuss is all about?!?!

You can still see most of the car, the back half of the pit is still open so there is still plenty of oppurtunity for interaction/photos/autographs with Team Summit.

I really can't see what everyone is crying about.

do you not think that just the curtains being there give them a psychological advantage? It makes the competition wonder what they got.

You never know that could be all there is to it but I kinda doubt. I remember a few years ago on they were talking to WJ about the cardboard covers taped around the intake and he called it "intellectual intercouse" I about fell out of my chair laughing.:D

I agree... this is just what they where looking for! take the attention away from there cars.

More likely, just how funny keyboard drag racing speculation can be. :D ;)

I can tell you some people who would do something like this, just for the sheer fun of it, then die laughing when they read all the 'insights' from people who can't help themselves.

They may be a little off performance wise right now, but they're right on, when it comes to having generated a lot of chatter, WHATEVER the reason for the curtains. I love it! ;)

I dont understand the uproar over this. You can see the car and almost the entire pit area, just not the motor and what they are doing. Who cares. They probably are doing it just to start some shit and have fun with it.

I heard from a reliable source last night that they're just hiding the fact that the REAL crew chief on these cars is...Kim Anderson.

Really. I swear. Unimpeachable source. Watch Agent 1320 at DRO for upcoming details.

I was at gateway 3years ago and greg was wiping his car down right before 3rd round qualifying he seen me and another guy walking up and made a mad dash to his trailer.I thought he was a real azz for that,I didnt want to talk to him I just wanted to look at his car.there were no curtains though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back