Tasca Officially Going Nitro (1 Viewer)

Did I misinterpret something about them having the quickest alcohol funny car pass @ 5.54? There were some .40's run last year, right?

Sean D

Did I misinterpret something about them having the quickest alcohol funny car pass @ 5.54? There were some .40's run last year, right?

Sean D

Sean,

Yes quite a few .40's were ran last year, you're correct :)

Tasca went 5.451 in GNV. Which I believe is the current National TAFC Record.

Mike

Oh I'm alright. It's colder than **** here, it was -7 degrees when I woke up this morning. On days like this racing season seems so far away.

Oh man what I'd give for some cooler weather... it's been over 100 here on most days the past few weeks. Would you be interested in a trade?

WE haven't seen a High temp over 50 degrees here in over a month! Our lows have been under 20 for about 2 weeks at least! Last Wed.-Thurs we set Records with lows of 9 and 12 respectively! BURRR!!!! I agree with Tony, I'll take 100 degrees over 25-30 any day of the week!

Heard an interesting story regarding Force/Tasca. I was told that Mr. Tasca Sr
made a call to Ford suggesting that they might have an opportunity and they responded very quickly. Obviously, the rest is history! - :cool:

It's a good lookin' shape. It sure would be nice if the bodies started looking like the actual production cars again.
It would heat up the manufacturer wars.
Us GM and Mopar fans could cheer against the Ford fans:D.

I'll try to turn up the heater a bit for you Pomona attendees.
Last weekend was really nice and sunny with mid 70's.
Today is cold, overcast and windy.

It indeed a "photoshop" picture.
As far as the "quickest" TA/FC run, Frank Manzo does hold the record at 5.454. However Bob III went 5.451 on a side by side pass with Frank when Frank set the speed record. Tasca hurt the engine, and couldn't make the call for the next round, by about 10 minutes (adjusting valves when the next round "bye" ran down the track) so he doesn't hold the "record" but is credited with the quickest pass. Hope this helps

Redneck

I still think the Fords look closer to the Stang than the rest... I can even tell them without paint and decals.... and no, I can't tell a MoPar from A Poncho, from a Chevy in P/S....

Then again, on the street, I can't tell A chevy from a nissan, from a honda, from a poncho, from a buick, from a toyota, from a KIA... and the only thing that sets MoPars apart is the Ugly Grill... on the Dodge, don't know if I've ever seen a Plymouth....

d'kid

By the way, I like BT III's new ride...

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back