Now that............is interesting :D

Like the smoke from your tires..........these are the runs of our life

Marketable? Yes
Known by Primary Sponsor? Yes
Good with Fans? Yes
Looking for a Ride Next Season? Yes
Personality a 180 from previous Driver? Oh, heck Yes
Plays well with others? Yepper

This rumor has been kinda floating around on a couple motorcycle forums for the past few months but it's cool to see that it's gaining a little ground with his planned testing. :cool:

He'd compete vs. Hillary Will for lightest driver award!...A Crew Cheif's DREAM! Good luck with that UPGRADE from a 6 second Motorcycle to a 4 second Dragster...:eek:

BTW...How does someone get a "CHANCE" to Upgrade their license...? Do they bring money to the car owner and say...."I'll cover the cost for the testing, kinda like a LEASING of the car?" or is it the owner who see's the:

a) TALENT?
b) Marketablilty?
c) Passion for the sport?

and cover the cost themselves?

Did Phil Burkhart pay for his Cross grade to the Hartley's? Did Jesse pay Evan Knoll for a chance to drive Millican's Car? Did Leah Pruett or her Dad cut Shoe a check for a few SQUIRTS in Jack's Car at the Indy Test Session?

Just kinda curious how that actually works!:rolleyes:

Antron is one of the nicest and most genuine people out there. To this day, my 17 year old son remembers playing football with Antron in the PSB pits 8 years ago and how nice Antron was to him, a perfect stranger.

If he does earn a ride in a Top Fueler, he will be an awesome representative for a sponsor. On the other hand, PSB would lose one of it's nice guys, so I could go either way on this one, lol...

If they keep adding all these rumored nitro cars and drivers maybe I'll get to see 32 car fields once more. Well, it could happen!

Antron is one of the nicest and most genuine people out there. To this day, my 17 year old son remembers playing football with Antron in the PSB pits 8 years ago and how nice Antron was to him, a perfect stranger.

If he does earn a ride in a Top Fueler, he will be an awesome representative for a sponsor. On the other hand, PSB would lose one of it's nice guys, so I could go either way on this one, lol...

I'm with you J.C.
I had a similar experience with Antron The first time I met him I was with a fellow who'd never been to a Drag Race. Because Antron was so nice, my friend asked me how I knew him and was shocked to find that I had never talked with him before (so was I, of course).
It's been that way every year.

PS: It would be GREAT to see Antron in Top Fuel!:)

I would think that having years of experience on a 6 second bike will allow him to get used to the acceleration quicker than someone with no experience. Mike Neff is learning with no experience. I think it's an individual thing, as far as learning to drive these cars. I've read a lot of interviews from people who are seasoned nitro vets describing what it was like the first time they drove a nitro car, and many have said they initially questioned what they were doing, but gradually got more comfortable. It just takes a lot of laps to get good, like in any car (or bike). I think Antron will do fine, and I hope to see him competing in (or on) something next year.

Hasn;t this rumor been around for awhile? I though at the end of last season there was talk of Antron interest in Nitro. Good for him

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back