Strong Rumor on Team Connie K (1 Viewer)

I have to say that I find this rather hilarious...........because what John is saying is that Jim would be out of a job! I think that it is safe to say that Connie respects loyalty...........Jim has been with him full time for 20 YEARS!!!

Alan's contract is up at the end of this year, so whatever he chooses to do, it will be best for Alan.

Jon O on a pro stock????? I just don't see that.

You read it here first (if it comes true).

You don't sound so sure with your opening line. Oh, what the hell. Warren Johnson is hiring Austin Coil to tune a nitro powered Jr. Dragster in a newly created class. Ercie Hill will be the pilot. You heard it here first. (if it comes true)

Hey, this is kinda fun....:D

Hey Suzie: I wanna drive for you guys you need a little flavor in the
pudding and i'll leave the Nitro-shine at home;)

A little Southern Exposure

In Bama on the Sidelines:D

You don't sound so sure with your opening line. Oh, what the hell. Warren Johnson is hiring Austin Coil to tune a nitro powered Jr. Dragster in a newly created class. Ercie Hill will be the pilot. You heard it here first. (if it comes true)

no no, you've got it all wrong. WJ is starting a horse racing team to vie for the triple crown in '08. Mrs. Hill WILL be driving a nitro jr. dragster, but with paul page doing the tuning.

You'll have to agree that with the amount of money Connie is spending on nitro racing he sure needs to do something...

Of the rumors mentioned, the only one that seems viable is AJ to the Kalitta Funny Cars. Here is my line of thinking ... AJ has admitted several times that his first Funny Car program with Scelzi and then Sarver (RIP) did not work out remotely well as he hoped it would. So there is a big technical carrott looming out there for a man who has done all there is to do with a rail, to switch over to the coupes. Secondly, AJ still owns the rights to the 'Yota FC bodies, Toliver, Head and Kalitta merely lease the rights to use those bodies, so AJ has kept his hand in the FC pie for some reason, and there could be some pressure from 'Yota to get back on board to speed up development of the program. Lastly, Connie K can afford him! Not many of those team owners in the pits can. I could see Doug K switching to the FC class, so they have 2 cars collecting data rather than 1, and AJ calling the shots.

I never said I believe the rumor, I just said I will believe it when I see it as it does seem somewhat viable.

EDIT: After seeing Comp Plus's piece I sure do hope they can come to an agreement to get AJ tuning for Evan's Top Fuelers. I would love to see Scotty and Clay kicking arse, especially Scotty.

Two things are for certain in this whole scenario:
1. Whoever gets AJ is going to have to write a very big check (even if it is to stay at DSR).
2. Wherever he goes (or stays) they are instantly a player.

Last edited:
if a.j goes anywhere i pray its on a kalitta dragster for 08. team k. has great tuners now with the ober bros. and dicko, but imagine a.j in the mix. team k will definalty have a championship in 08, and thank god not another one with that black and gold car ;). but as for the rest of the rumor- someone needs to lay off the moonshine before posting :D

you know, I had a chuckle at these rumours just like the rest of you then I remembered 1 month back when Zippy announced he was going to JFR to DRIVE a 4th FC. Now I just don't believe anything.... and I definately DO believe the Don won't give up AJ without a fight ...and a wad of cash ....;)

Mark.

You know, i remember Gary Scelzi saying that one of his offers to stay racing was a jet to fly him anywhere......hmmmm.

I like this idea!!! :confused:

Hey Big John,

If you post anymore rumors I would like to know about global warming.

If my house is going to be underwater in the next 10,000 years, I want to get prepared.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back