K&N Challenge gets way more challenging (1 Viewer)

nick name

Nitro Member
According to the schedule I've seen, the Pro Stock teams in the K&N Horsepower Challenge are really going to have an unusual situation. They will be staging in a round that means something but they will not have been able to make a tune-up pass.

Though I'd hate to be in that position, it's going to be fun to watch from here. In my mind, the first round may be the clearest indication of skill we'll ever see.

A crew chief is going to have to read the track and use pure brains and experience to get it right. He won't have the luxury of "Hey, it didn't look that good to me but it sure was. I better crank some clutch in and maybe hit it with some gear for next round."

Like I said, I'm looking forward to it. Let's see who is actually looking at something when they do the pre-session Pro Stock Stroll - and who's out there just making an appearance.

Dan, this all assumes that Saturday will not be a repeat of today's washout due to weeping. If they get more rain tonight, I suspect Saturday is not gonna be a good raceday either. We'll just have to wait and see.

Dan, this all assumes that Saturday will not be a repeat of today's washout due to weeping. If they get more rain tonight, I suspect Saturday is not gonna be a good raceday either. We'll just have to wait and see.

You're exactly right. I'm hoping that that if it does rain, it will just be showers here and there. That sort of water can be suctioned up from the track since it's just lying there and not moving upward from the ground.

If the sun comes back out, then we start the perculation which ended racing today.

Weird to be hoping for cloudy skies, huh?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back