Steve Gasperelli's Crash (1 Viewer)

Glad Stevie is okay, they'll be back in a hurry.
The photographer on the right has a brass set:eek:

Wait until you see the super slo-mo shots! Oh, baby!

Dad Gasperrilli was almost a casualty too, as he fell running towards the car after the crash. I believe he will only have a little Racers Rheumatism tomorrow.

They were able to tow the car, sans body, back to the pits on four wheels.

I certainly appreciate all the pics, but I really wanna see the close-ups from the photographer with the brass ones...

I'm glad everyone is okay. And people wonder why I get upset when unauthorized people walk along the guardrail.

FYI, it's spelled "Gasparrelli."

tree'd me Goodwin... That was a scary crash. When that throttle was hung after he hit the wall, most of us thought, "OMG he's gonna head up towards the starting line." But, Steve did a magnificent job killing the engine and getting that thing stopped.

I as well am glad he was ok and none of the photog's were injured.

The photographer in question would be Andy Willsheer, a regular on the European championship tour on visit to the USA. Fer chrissakes, he's just had a TAFC almost literally in his face and then calmly looks at how the pics came out in his camera... That's surely one for the Euro commentators next year.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Willsheer suffers for his art. He was the finish-line photographer who sustained a broken thigh when something metal flew off Ashley Force's A/Fueler in the lights at G'ville four or five years ago.

I can't even understand how that guy could stand there like that! That goes beyond having a brass set. I've never seen anything like that. Thank God it all turned out OK.

How did that NOT go over the wall? And if it had..we would be paying our respects and condolences to Mr Willsheer.

That's just luck.

I think we were sitting about half-track. It was like it was in slow-motion. Very scary. Wild wild wreck. So glad both Steve and Lou are ok.

Re: Another Steve Gasparrelli photo sequence.

Here is a photo sequence I got from the West side grandstands of Steve's very scary wild ride.
Public Home | ClarkOdenPhotography | Fotki.com

Clark

very nice sequence there, Clark! Glad Steve was ok and I still can't believe that photographer didn't budge. I've shot many times from behind the wall and there is no way my brain would allow me to stand there and continue shooting pictures of a crashing vehicle coming straight at me :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back