Roger Burgess Crash Photos (1 Viewer)

Wonderful pics; glad Burgess is OK but I'm sick to my stomach watching that beautiful car being torn to pieces. Sad.

I'm happy that Roger will be okay and that our local boy, Kenny Lang, didn't get hit!

When is someone going to have the balls to stand up to Burgess?? Yes, it's great Roger supports the class and throws the money up for it, but how many crashes is he up to now?? Off the top of my head I think this was the 3rd or 4th crash in the last two seasons?? How long does this have to keep going on for? Roger's driving scares the crap out of me and I'm not the only one who thinks this. Sooner or later Roger is going to seriously hurt himself or worse, someone else!! :mad: Way in over his head!!

This accident happened right in front of our pit area. We are parked at about 1400 feet right against the return road and this happened right there, as did the Rickie Smith, Pete Farber accident yesterday. Scary deal for sure. Glad nobody was seriously hurt in either accident.

When is someone going to have the balls to stand up to Burgess?? Yes, it's great Roger supports the class and throws the money up for it, but how many crashes is he up to now?? Off the top of my head I think this was the 3rd or 4th crash in the last two seasons?? How long does this have to keep going on for? Roger's driving scares the crap out of me and I'm not the only one who thinks this. Sooner or later Roger is going to seriously hurt himself or worse, someone else!! :mad: Way in over his head!!
They might need to take a good look at this class. There has been a lot of crashes in that class. No one can say Rickie Smith doesnt have a lot of experience. Roger and Rickie are very lucky they were not injured worse then they were.

Last edited:
They might need to take a good look at this class. There has been a lot of crashes in that class. No one can say Rickie Smith doesnt have a lot of experience. Roger and Rickie are very lucky they were not injured worse then they were.

These things have been scaring me for a couple of years. There isn't a weekend in the summer that there isn't one crashing in some association or other. We're just lucky there hasn't been any fatalities. The media isn't gonna differentiate between a ADRL race on a damp track at midnite from the Gatornationals-it will just be "drag racer dies-flying debris injury 10 spectators."
If there were 10 funny car or T/f crashes a year-there would be outrage-yet seeing a P/M breaking traction at 200mph and going into the opposite wall seems to just rate a "oh well". :confused:

Wow out of the groove is an understatement. It looks like the safety aspect of their cars worked pretty well.
Hopefully when Roger sees the replay he'll back off his blaming the bumps for his bad decision. He rode the centerline for a good 150' and when he tried to correct on untreated asphalt, it came around on him. Can't blame the track for that.

Push in the clutch and lift ... see you at the next race.

Norwalk 2010 - Squirrely and out of the groove for a long way and did not lift ...
YouTube - ‪RB-Norwalk-Crash.wmv‬‏

Gainesville 2010 - Real squirrely lifted way too late
YouTube - ‪Michael Gullquist Roger Burgess Hits the Wall GSA Pro Mod Gainesville 2010.mpg‬‏

Just my observations as a spectator, but 3 crashes in 15 months poses questions of driver judgement and reactions IMO. $$ affords you the privilege to drive a race car but doesn't make you a good driver.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back