Roger Burgess, next Mega Sponsor??? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Just before Indy I got a PM from someone who posts here as well as worked for a FC team that Roger Burgess would become the Sport's next Mega sponsor! I didn't think much of it since I had heard at Seattle that he might park Melanie's FC after Indy! Well That obviously didn't happen, and plus he picked up Peggy Lewellen for a few races! And Now I hear R2B2 Motorsports is sponsoring Kate Harker in her return in Dallas in TAD! I love to see any driver get help, I just hope he doesn't get overzealous like somebody else did!:eek:

Stir%20the%20Pot%20525.jpg

The Pot needed a good stir.

I think it is a sad state of affairs when just because 1 guy has chosen to step up and sponsor a few cars and a bike people begin wringing their hands and start comparing him to Evan Knoll. I have devised a simple criteria for when you need to start worrying:

1. If he becomes a series sponsor, start worrying.
2. If he starts sponsoring multiple events in both sanctions, start worrying.
3. If half the qualified cars in TAD and TAFC are sponsored by him, start worrying.
4. If you see his face painted on one of his Funny Cars, REALLY start worrying.
5. If he does all of the above, the end is nigh.

I say come on in Roger Burgess, the water is fine. Thanks for stepping up at a tough time in a tough situation and I am sorry that some here are questioning his motives.

Last edited:
I think it is a sad state of affairs when just because 1 guy has chosen to step up and sponsor a few cars and a bike people begin wringing their hands and start comparing him to Evan Knoll. I have devised a simple criteria for when you need to start worrying:

1. If he becomes a series sponsor, start worrying.
2. If he starts sponsoring multiple events in both sanctions, start worrying.
3. If half the qualified cars in TAD and TAFC are sponsored by him, start worrying.
4. If you see his face painted on one of his Funny Cars, REALLY start worrying.
5. If he does all of the above, the end is nigh.

I say come on in Roger Burgess, the water is fine. Thanks for stepping up at a tough time in a tough situation and I am sorry that some here are questioning his motives.

Good Post Chris

Maybe a GECKO will help?

I spoke with 2-different adjusters yesterday at Geico. I thanked them both for the sponsorship of Karen's bike and asked them to pass it up the chain of command that the drag racers appreciate their involvement. I was very surprised that both knew of the sponsorship, and kept abreast of the her racing thru internal newsletters. :cool:

Rapid

Good Post Chris

Great post!!! P.O.T.Y. Possibly!!!

Nice job Chris! And very true.

Our sport needs "investors" like R2B2, Al-Anabi, Ken Black, Victor Cagnazzi, Kalitta and others. It's when they stop managing their own business and they get a bit over the top, when I would get concerned!

I agree.. Roger... Come on in... The water is just fine!

I think it is a sad state of affairs when just because 1 guy has chosen to step up and sponsor a few cars and a bike people begin wringing their hands and start comparing him to Evan Knoll. .

I am a LOT MORE COMFORTABLE with a guy (or group) who can put together a team with a solid sponsor and is NOT trying to run it out of his own pocket.
I'm glad RB's gotten to that point with Mel. I hope RiteAid hangs in there too.

Whether it's Bernstein, Vandergrif or Schumacher - they've got a business model that WORKS! I don't think you'll see ANY ONE of them try to run themselves into the poor house.

dang it ride.... you bulbed me again lol

d'kid

nitro in a salamander is not of the good....

Not only did I hear that RB was expanding to a 2 car FC team, but considering a Dragster as well. I heard this back at Indy, How times change!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back