Roger Burgess Crash Photos (1 Viewer)

Seriously scary! Don't know if I'd ever have the guts to be along the wall...totally exciting and the best pix, but on the odd chance that something does go flying... :eek: SO glad he didn't get hit by the fire bottle!

I have never been in that position of Photographing cars crashing at over 200 MPH, but when your capturing a HOT moment through the viewfinder your NOT paying attention to anything else!

Rickie and Roger were both way out of the groove and kept their foot in it.

Take a look at Rogers pass.

YouTube - ‪Rodger Burgess Survives Horrific Crash‬‏

i agree with Roger being way out of the groove , BUT not Rickie. Rickie has more passes down a 1/4 mile than most racers could dream of making. you have to wonder about the so-called track prep AFTER the 1000 ft mark. A little crossed up can go crazy when you run off glue onto a slick track. BUT most of all let's hope Rickie is able to return to a sport he helped build.. . He says he will try to be back at Indy. . . One more reason for me to go this year!

I just saw Rickie's crash. I wouldnt say he was way out of the groove, just looked to me like the car made a hard move. Roger on the other hand, well read my post above.

Wild and wooly is cool, but I think things may be over-center in this class. Like others have said, just too many crashes, and some VERY scary. One of the problems I have with these cars (and I DO love them) is that they are running almost TAFC times and weigh hundres of pounds more. That's a lot of mass with a lot of momentum.

Seriously scary! Don't know if I'd ever have the guts to be along the wall...totally exciting and the best pix, but on the odd chance that something does go flying... :eek: SO glad he didn't get hit by the fire bottle!

Back in the 70's, I knew the guys that worked down at the top end of Connecticut Dragway. They'd let me hop the fence and take top end pics. My favorite spot was leaning against the win light pylons. On one run I was panning with the Jade Grenade in the viewfinder when I heard a champagne cork like pop...a blower explosion...I hit the dirt...when I stood up and looked at the pylon there was a fist sized hole from some shrapnel in the plywood at just over head height...scary moment...:eek:

video shot from down track if you freeze frames i'd swear the
front of roger's car touches the chutes just blossoming from other car.

video shot from down track if you freeze frames i'd swear the
front of roger's car touches the chutes just blossoming from other car.

There's no question Burgess touched the chutes of Kenny Lang's car. And despite what Mike Dunn said on the broadcast, it appears that the Burgess car was under power while it was headed to the wall. Unless I'm seeing things.

Wild and wooly is cool, but I think things may be over-center in this class. Like others have said, just too many crashes, and some VERY scary. One of the problems I have with these cars (and I DO love them) is that they are running almost TAFC times and weigh hundres of pounds more. That's a lot of mass with a lot of momentum.

With a suspended chassis to boot ! I'd like to see a non-suspension car tested, Maybe a safer car??

TAFC's are running 5.40's!!!!:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back