Rizzo Fire (1 Viewer)

Just watched it on the tube. Yikes! It seemed to mostly be on the passenger side until he opened the door on the driver's side. Scary stuff! Glad to hear he's fine.

The coverage on TV showed a very quick response by the starting line crew - except nobody turned off the electric fuel pump. There's supposed to be a fuel shutoff switch on the back of the car...

Looking at some of the pics, it appeared that Brian Olsen (of McClenathan team, Connolly team, Todd Team, Troxel team, every Torco team) flipped the switch for the fuel. He appeared to recognized that it was still running and he moved behind the car and turned it off.
DSD_0704.jpg

DSD_0706.jpg

It appears that way in the pics but we can't tell for sure. But whomever turned the switch off helped keep the damage or injuries to a minimum.

Roger

Last edited:
Wonder who'll be the first to accuse them of using nitrous?:eek: ..........."HIP"

I dont think that will happen since he doesnt qualify. Now if it were to happen to Anderson, Line, Connelly, etc that might have been brought up by someone but I doubt it this time.

Looking at some of the pics, it appeared that Brian Olsen (of McClenathan team, Connolly team, Todd Team, Troxel team, every Torco team) flipped the switch for the fuel. He appeared to recognized that it was still running and he moved behind the car and turned it off.
DSD_0704.jpg

DSD_0706.jpg

It appears that way in the pics but we can't tell for sure. But whomever turned the switch off helped keep the damage or injuries to a minimum.

Roger

On tv I did not see anyone turn the switch off

Joe; I know that, you know that & most others on here know that, but there are some conspiracy theorists out there with no mechanical prowess what-so-ever who live for this kind of stuff.:D .............."HIP"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back