Shirley's take! (1 Viewer)

Good for Shirley, leave it to her to say what`s on her mind...and everybody elses. Like she said, hopefully the team owners/drivers show some balls and voice their displeasure to NHRA.

I loved her comment, "some leaker". I thought that was hilarious.
I am curious though what all the other teams think.

I think someone should come up with a Shirley t-shirt on the order of Morgan's 'you can't fix stupid", that says,,,,

"What the hell are they thinking".... (or something... I'm sure others will have one of her other quotes in mind....) :) :D ;)

Yeah, I agree whole heartedly with Shirley. When Nascrap did it I thought it was a bonehead move. Now.....*sigh*

I think someone should come up with a Shirley t-shirt on the order of Morgan's 'you can't fix stupid", that says,,,,

"What the hell are they thinking".... (or something... I'm sure others will have one of her other quotes in mind....) :) :D ;)

Shirley, you can't be serious?

and why exactly SHOULD grubnic have a chance at the title at this point?
Like I wrote in the other thread.................with this line of thought the Indy Colts should have been the Superbowl champs last year......No way in hell did Pittsburg Steelers deserve to be, even though they brought their game when it mattered!
I loved her comment, "some leaker". I thought that was hilarious.
I am curious though what all the other teams think.
What's a leaker, one of the teams that are not in contention, Shirley was a "leaker" the last 10 years of her career!

Last edited:
SHIRLEY ROCKS! thats a true team kalitta team member! i feel the same way. after the 17 races and your not in the chace why show up. the owners need to grow a set and stand up on this one!!!!

Word is that there will be a big meeting tomorrow. What I heard is that the teams and PRO are not happy with this ..

I would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. :D

I bet there will be some heated discussion and some hostile tempers....if Shirley's comments are any indication.

Personally, I don't have an opinion yet. I, like many people, don't like change for the sake of change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, is my motto too. But, I somewhat agree that close competition up to the finals is better than runaways that decide the winners 5 races or several races before the World Finals, which is a misnomer in most cases.

What I don't agree with is the statements from people saying why show up to compete if not part of the Elite 8? Well, last I recall, winning a race meant something (everything) to most Pro competitors, and since those on the outside of the top 8 aren't excluded from competing in the last 6 races, they have just as much chance of winning one of those races as one the first 17 races. Actually, the racers that should be PISSED OFF should be the top 8 who can (ane probably will) be knocked off by one the so-called LEAKERS who is outside of the TOP-8 or ELITE-8 running for the Championship. It's not exactly a playoff system when you are still competing against those who have already been eliminated from championship contention.

NHRA may have to re-think all of this, and I'm sure stuff like this will come up today if they are having that meeting with the racers and PRO. I hope we get some info about what was said and what went on and not just rumor and speculation.

Just my .02c

Well I guess Strivectin would'nt be happy about Grubnic possibly winning the championship, instead of being 15 rounds out with 6 races remaining and ZERO chance of a title.

i'm curious how it would feel to walk around doin the corporate shill "look at me...NHRA Champion" when the entire sport is looking at you saying" you're not REALLY the champion(and you know it)....also wonder if the publicity for the sponsor would be all that positive. I'm with Surely...hopefully clearer minds will prevail

I have'nt read this thread yet, but I did read Shirley's comments and am glad to see that she has not lost that fire that burns deep inside of her... As for my opinion, I think it would be a huge mistake to change the way the point system is layed out now... It is fair to everyone and just look at the last two years of funny car and all classes this year... Tighter then a, well... You get my point!! Leave it alone...

Just hope Cha-cha's comments are listen to... Love her fire and opinions

But, if not, here's a really simple points system to go with the really simple playoff...

first 17 race
Winner 6
Runner up 4
Semis loser 3
2nd round loser 2
1st round loser 1
low et 1
top speed 1

after 17 reset the point to zip, then
points are prize money & contingency's money totals

Final 4
1 point a round

makes as much sense as anything else out of NHRA

Last edited:
Shirley - tell us what you really think!

Kudos to Bobby at CompetitionPlus for getting Shirley's opinion first on the NHRA copycat points fiasco! I'm sure a lot of team owners, drivers and sponsors would love to state what they think of this, but are probably muzzled by the suits at NHRA.
It's great that we have this fearless woman who can tell NHRA exactly what she thinks!

Glad she raised spoke up about this nonsense. In this matter she's a voice of reason.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back