Shirley's take! (1 Viewer)

I hope the owners and drivers gang up to fight this. How would it look if none of the big names show up at the Winternats

You go girl!!!!!

I was a fan of Shirley years ago, fell out when she was doing the comeback thing (too shrill - hurt her legacy) but, this time she's SPOT ON.

NASCAR goes to trucks - NHRA goes to trucks.

Why doesn't NHRA come into the 21st Century and adopt Fuel Injection - or are we waiting for NASCAR to do it first?

Good for Shirley, there needs to be more people like her that aren't afraid to speak their mind.

I'm still confused, will the TF/FC fields be reduced to "Just" 8 cars after 17 races?? If that's the case, I may have to rethink some of the races I attend next year!:mad:

I'm still confused, will the TF/FC fields be reduced to "Just" 8 cars after 17 races?? If that's the case, I may have to rethink some of the races I attend next year!:mad:

You will still see the 16-car fields... only 8 will be "eligible" for the championship after 17 races.

I hope the owners and drivers gang up to fight this. How would it look if none of the big names show up at the Winternats

Word has it that all the teams and PRO are up in arms about this and there is a big meeting set for tomorrow at Indy. Can't WAIT to hear about that one! :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Word has it that all the teams and PRO are up in arms about this and there is a big meeting set for tomorrow at Indy. Can't WAIT to hear about that one! :eek: :eek:

Good I hope after NHRA sees the uproar that they will be wise enough to undue this...what could only make it worse is to be stubbron and stick it out...even for one year

they plan do have 16 car fields. What playoff system allows non playoff teams to compete with those in the palyoffs???

Anyway yes there will be 16 cars allowed in....we'll see if the actually show up or if IHRA will be getting larger turnouts for their end of the year races

Good I hope after NHRA sees the uproar that they will be wise enough to undue this...what could only make it worse is to be stubbron and stick it out...even for one year

I agree PJ, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen. I'd love to be wrong about this though. I don't believe they gave one thought to the Sponsor's take on all of this. That's why the Asher column was so good. (just my opinion of course) ;)

I swear it seems like Compton and the boys literally make sweeping changes that have a big impact on individual classes as well as the sport as a whole without giving any thought beforehand. They are the kings of knee-jerk decision making. If there was much discussion about this one, it was obviously within a very small group of decision makers, with no real due diligence done.

please don't use words like 'due diligence' around here.

that's the way the corporate peabrains that make these kind of decisions talk.

Well I guess Strivectin would'nt be happy about Grubnic possibly winning the championship, instead of being 15 rounds out with 6 races remaining and ZERO chance of a title.

Sorry for the "corporate" verbage---how about "homework"? Meaning, for once I would like to see the NHRA approach the drivers, owners, sponsors, etc. and say something like, "What do you think of this idea?", before pulling the trigger on something.

It is the TAFC blower overdrive over, and over, and over, and over again.

I think I just.....

I think I just fell in love with Shirley all over again!! Well put!! She rocks!!

T-Bone :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back