Sonoma suggestions (1 Viewer)

drs

Nitro Member
Been going to pomona twice a year for 16 years and its about time i am stepping out and going to another race(except vegas of course) i was wondering if anyone could tell me about sonoma? The ins and outs of sonoma (i.e. The parking, the pits, the parties, the after parties and the sort) local bars local hotels(probably staying in vallejo with family). Any info would be absolutely appreciated...

Been going to pomona twice a year for 16 years and its about time i am stepping out and going to another race(except vegas of course) i was wondering if anyone could tell me about sonoma? The ins and outs of sonoma (i.e. The parking, the pits, the parties, the after parties and the sort) local bars local hotels(probably staying in vallejo with family). Any info would be absolutely appreciated...

Parking is free but a bit of a walk, but then again it is free. Oh, and there is a shuttle. Even with a parking pass it is a little bit of a hike unless you can park at a pit site. Dress for both hot and cold. It gets very warm but in the late afternoon and evenings it cools off and can become quite breezy.You are not very far from the coast. I usually wear jeans and a tank top but bring a long sleeve t-shirt with a sweat shirt. If you have the ability to camp across the street, it is a GREAT time. Since I am local the only after partying I usually do is in the pit of friends and since I drive back and forth I usually behave. Okay, for the most part ;) You will enjoy it but prepare for it to be warm, don't forget your sunscreen!!

Two suggestions: reserved parking is up the hill on the pit side and is way better for getting out after the races. There are shuttles up there but sometimes it is quicker to walk. (This would only be a good idea if you are going to be sitting on the pit side.) Echoing one of the other posters-Friday night typically gets VERY cold. Definitely bring a jacket or you will freeze you bu.. off.

$10.00 for prefered parking is the best money you will spend. I think you have to ask for it when ordering the tickets in advance.

The grandstands seem like a mile from the track so buy the reserve seats on the tower side if you want to be closer to the track.

When the track was renovated it was more catered to the NASCAR experience then a NHRA event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back