Something else that probably won't help our TV coverage (1 Viewer)

Yeah, at first blush, it might seem like a bad thing for us, but it looks like the company will be spreading the coverage over several different channels. In any event, big deal, most of the peaple who will watch champ car aren't going to watch NHRA coverage and visa versa. It looks like the champ car's primary channel will be ESPN, and if that's the case, and I think it is, NHRA will remain un-affected.

I enjoy the Champ Car series on Speed, hopefully ESPN's coverage will be just as good. Even though Speed is Nascar Central, they have some of the best programing around for motorsports fans. On Speed we get the Champ Car race replayed on Wednesday's after the Sunday event, will ESPN do this? It's doubtful.

As far the implications this will have on drag racing, I don't think it will effect ESPN2's coverage of NHRA events at all. If you believe the numbers we've seen the last few years then the NHRA broadcasts come in second (unless I'm mistaken) behind Nascar (way behind), but ahead of F1 & Champ Car.

Talking about Speed Channel, I sure do miss the late night highlights of the WRC races.

I also wonder what ESPN thinks about the countdown in the NHRA. Nothing can be more exciting than this years points race, can it?

It would be a great thing if they cross promoted the NHRA events during these other motorsports broadcasts.

Hey, just as long as College Baton Twirling doesn't run over and delay the racing, I don't care what channel they put it on. :D

Just because they bought the rights, they don't have to air it!!! :p

How can anyone honestly support a series with a "POWER TO PASS BUTTON", and a time limit on how much you can use it in a race.

FACT: .00000000000002% of Americans who go to McDonalds actually know who Sebastian Bourdias is? (McDonalds is his sponsor, BTW)

And how can McDonalds not get more run for the buck on the side of a Funny Car! Geez Louise!

Sorry, just a little Saturday rif.

With all this racing stuff moved to ESPN what is going to happen to the spelling bee...I am so distraught right now

ESPN Outdoors - ESPN2 Garage's motorsports shows debut Jan. 6

Looks like ESPN Garage is just a series of programs like the "Powerblock". The above was released during SEMA.

I see the Troxel/Johnson show is included in this group of programming.

I think any increase in motorsports coverage is a good thing. Our family has certainly gone through phases (off-road bikes, street bikes, karting) and, while we still play with some of those, our hearts are really stuck on drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back