Snake Bite ! (1 Viewer)

I can hear John Force now. "What??? Kenny B's coming back to funny car??? Gee.............great................" Yep. I bet the other F/C racers are just thrilled with this news.

I know of people who have reached retirement age with more money than they could ever spend, who retired and soon found that they weren't happy "doing nothing". They went back to work because that's what made them happy, made them content by filling a need for accomplishing more than doing stuff around the house day in and day out. I have no problem with that.

When someone not only puts a title on the action of their retirement, but they also merchandise the heck out of it, then they change their mind, it just doesn't smell very good to me.

Bob
you said it better then me! thats what i was trying to say!
and as for john being woried? yeah im sure he is shaking in his boots;)
the fact that KB is getting back in a flopper instead of a digger is cool!:D

yeah and with all the up-to-date f/c data that he has, im sure he will be great right out of the gates.:rolleyes:

Loved Snake's comment

I couldn't agree with Snake more. Sure, you can retire and then come back. As soon as you tout a retirement tour and sell t-shirts, hats, and god knows whatever else, then there is a problem. I guess that is why the 'Forever Red' crap means nothing now when someone wears it to the track but 'Final Strike' T-shirts have a little more clout.

I think the bigger issue with KB returning is what if he totally flops (no pun intended) in a Funny Car? Kenny had a great career and it would be a shame for him to taint that legacy with poor showings in 2007. I am not saying KB has forgotten to drive a race car over night but he hasn't driven a Funny Car in years. They are not the same as the dragsters he was driving a few years ago. Just look at the learning curve Scott Kalitta has been on. Six DNQ's, 8 first rounds losses and has yet to advance to a semi-final round. It's not like the Kalitta camp doesn't have a pile of money sitting around nor the know how to tune a race car.

Thoughts on Veteran Drivers Returning to NHRA Competition

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back