Skytel and Snake! (1 Viewer)

I guess I see things different. I don't care if it is Unkel Joe'z toe nail trimmers. I am not the one to say what they can or cannot afford. Or if their business is big enough. They bring the dough and sign the checks, I have nowhere to stand against them. I am the one who needs to go out and buy a particular brand of fingernail clippers.
How many of us thought that Evan Knoll didn't have the finances to back two different cars? But now we know.
I would like to see it be a long term deal. But I would prefer a 2 year deal to Snake and Larry, (Or anyone) sitting out.

Touche'...

I guess I see things different. I don't care if it is Unkel Joe'z toe nail trimmers. I am not the one to say what they can or cannot afford. Or if their business is big enough. They bring the dough and sign the checks, I have nowhere to stand against them. I am the one who needs to go out and buy a particular brand of fingernail clippers.
How many of us thought that Evan Knoll didn't have the finances to back two different cars? But now we know.
I would like to see it be a long term deal. But I would prefer a 2 year deal to Snake and Larry, (Or anyone) sitting out.

I agree 100% it's just that I have seen some guys have long term deals that get cut short. I just hope they honor the commitment and are in it for the long haul. :rolleyes:

A real business man will have his contract properly drafted in such a fashion that it's fully enforceable for both sponsor and recipient with binding language. Anyone can breach their contract but they'll be held accountable by any court of jurisdiction.

Let hail the racers who land the sponsors and then let them worry about their performances. Let us congratulate those placing their marketing money into our sport by purchasing their products and services as appropriate to demonstrate the value of their marketing money spent.

Congratulations Don!

Skytel, Bell Industries, Verizon........
I'll wait for the announcement and remain cautiously optimistic.

Snake is I believe one of the few drag racers who built his wealth from racing. He could have never achieved what he has without being pretty savvy, so I'm pretty confident that any deal he announces will be a "real" deal to keep them out there. It's been mentioned that many of the sponsorships out there are smaller than what is perceived, and in fact are subsidized by wealthy team owners. I don't see Snake doing anything less than a deal that foots the bill and pays him well, as it should be. After all, if your smart enough to make a fortune racing, you are probably smart enough to know how fast the sport will take your fortune back from you!!

Sometimes it is the company that everyone has NOT heard of that can actually benefit from the exposure a sponsorship such as this can provide;)

Orange Power cometh.................

That would be cool - just a couple years too late for me. :eek: I worked for SkyTel's NJ office for 4 years. They're actually an interesting company. I worked for the division that "resells services on other third party paging networks" as they say on their site. Used to be "US Paging" which got bought by SkyTel which in turn got bought by MCI Worldcomm. I left when they moved the NJ operations to Mississippi.
Funny thing is I actually asked the marketing director about getting involved in racing. At that point no telecoms were really involved in motorsports. Nothing ever came of it. Glad too see they took another look. They were a good company to work for. Would be great to see their name on a fuel car - especially Larry's. :)

That would be cool - just a couple years too late for me. :eek: I worked for SkyTel's NJ office for 4 years. They're actually an interesting company. I worked for the division that "resells services on other third party paging networks" as they say on their site. Used to be "US Paging" which got bought by SkyTel which in turn got bought by MCI Worldcomm. I left when they moved the NJ operations to Mississippi.
Funny thing is I actually asked the marketing director about getting involved in racing. At that point no telecoms were really involved in motorsports. Nothing ever came of it. Glad too see they took another look. They were a good company to work for. Would be great to see their name on a fuel car - especially Larry's. :)

Sounds like the trucking business. You have to watch who you talk about because you might be working for them tomorrow ( that, or you already work for them and just don't know it yet. :) )

I'll bet for a lot of industries it might be follow the leader. If one jumps into a particular motorsports area, others might feel they need to just to keep up.

I hope they are not part of the Verizon that has the largest communications network in Venezuela that Hugo Chavez is threatening to nationalise [ Thats steal in plain talk ].

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back