Caps and Snake at Indy (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Very cool looking tribute car for Capps at Indy and Snake will even do a warm up

Well, yeah, but..... Gotta get the NAPA in there. Anyhoo, Capps car does look very cool with these colors. Am glad Snake will be with him in the pits.

Very cool, but doesn't Capps 2023 version, look more like the Snake's 1970 car, than the 1973 Indy
winning flopper? I saw the 1970 and 1973 cars run at Seattle. I'm just a stickler for details.

View attachment 13322
Capps 2023 version

View attachment 13323
AA/FC 1970 The Snake in the seat
View attachment 13324
AA/FC The Snake and his 1973 Indy winning flopper
Yea, Carefree Gum was on the side at Indy in '73, but who cares! - This is one of the coolest, if not the best retro looks on a AA/FC ever! I was there in Indy, first time, as a snot nose 21year old 50 years ago. Blown away! Thanks Ron for your "payback"!

i wish there could be a retro wrap on the '89 us nationals double up winning skoal car, but laws say that will probably never happen.

Not the biggest Capps fan, but you have to like his respect for the history of the sport. Now we need a Blue Max, Ramchargers(a natural for Hagan...hint hint), Mongoose and a Stardust car out there.
BTW, where's the 712, the most famous car number in drag racing.

Not the biggest Capps fan, but you have to like his respect for the history of the sport. Now we need a Blue Max, Ramchargers(a natural for Hagan...hint hint), Mongoose and a Stardust car out there.
BTW, where's the 712, the most famous car number in drag racing.

One thing I know first hand from Capps himself, because he told me back when he was a kid working on Darrell Hitchman's alcohol dragster in the early 1990's at the Bakersfield Division 7 event, he set his sights on driving a funny car very early in life.

It wasn't handed to him. He worked his butt off doing what it took to start from the bottom, proving himself to be in it for the long run, not afraid to get dirty working on other people's race cars in the process. He was fortunate enough to drive Roger Primm's top fuel dragster after Roger switched from alcohol and decided to stop driving the fueler, which I believe got the attention of the Snake. Don Prudhomme saw a lot in the "kid" and gave him a shot when the Snake decided to step out of the seat. I think Prudhomme saw Ron's focus on the business side of it was well as Ron's driving abilities. 30 years and a few month later, after he told me this, here he is.

I imagine, come to think of it, could there be any bigger thrill than to be asked by the Snake to drive his funny car?

and don had u.s. smokeless tobacco for all those years. ron won a lot in those cars.
ron's idea, napa's blessing, and hot wheels making this happen with RCM this week; pretty awesome.
pretty sure hot wheels still maintains a small presence with a. laughlin on dunn's car.

In Don's head, he's thinking NoWonder these cars are so much faster than back in my day. They are a lot smaller, I can Hardley get in and out of this thing. LOL

I'm curious, Larry Dixon is at the track with Will Smith driving his car. He inherited Snake's seat when he retired from driving. I'm sure he said hello to his former boss.

Remember that those two had a falling out some years ago and I don't recall hearing that they have patched things up.

I hope they come out with a diecast at some point, would be a good addition to the Snake shelf.
2DDC0A1D-14D2-4601-8D09-E530CC1B90A7.jpeg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back