Skytel and Snake! (1 Viewer)

I hope it's a twenty year deal with extensions!
Way to go Snake! Thank heavens he got this deal done before "others" got their proposals in Skytel's hands offering the deal for a dollar less?

Jerrod, I was on their site when you first put this story on...and I can't find anything about Snake or the NHRA. Can you help?! :)

Jerrod, I was on their site when you first put this story on...and I can't find anything about Snake or the NHRA. Can you help?! :)

mmm i thought i helped already...lol

look for the official word in a few weeks...unless now that its out they make it sooner.

I just hope it's not one of those sponsors that have a 3 to 4 year deal and pullout after one season. :(

Congrats for Snake Racing, Larry is to good to sit on the fence! :D

I thought the Cost of TF/FC was out of reach for sponsors today? How on Earth did Prudhomme sucker this corporation into sponsoring such an expensive venture!:p

After visiting the Skytel site I'm, in a word, underwhelmed. I'd hoped for more with regards to Snakes program (with Target, AT&T/Cingular being speculated).

After visiting the Skytel site I'm, in a word, underwhelmed. I'd hoped for more with regards to Snakes program (with Target, AT&T/Cingular being speculated).

Skytel has been around for a long time....their pager business has obviously been hurt by cell phones over the last 10 -15 years but it looks like they are diversifying with GPS systems and Wi-Fi. In my last job, we had to always carry a skytel pager because we could count on it to reach us 100% of the time. Can't say that about cell phones...

I think it's great news for Snake....

If you click on the career opportunites on Skytel's site it takes you to a Verizon wireless site.....that is a fairly big company huh? Must be a sub-division of Verizon....neat!

If you click on the career opportunites on Skytel's site it takes you to a Verizon wireless site.....that is a fairly big company huh? Must be a sub-division of Verizon....neat!

Bell Industries is on the process of buying Skytel from Verizon. There is a link about this at the top of their website.

Next time you are on the highway, check out the number of trucks and commercial vans with GPS tracking antennas on them - the ones that look like overweight Frisbees. They are pretty standard for high-value cargo haulers and that's a pretty substantial piece of Skytel's business.

Bell Industries is on the process of buying Skytel from Verizon. There is a link about this at the top of their website.
That does not sound good!! How many times have new guys come in and axed deals due to expense. I hope it stays intact, all it takes is a guy with no autosports knowledge or interest to put the kabosh to something.

I guess I see things different. I don't care if it is Unkel Joe'z toe nail trimmers. I am not the one to say what they can or cannot afford. Or if their business is big enough. They bring the dough and sign the checks, I have nowhere to stand against them. I am the one who needs to go out and buy a particular brand of fingernail clippers.
How many of us thought that Evan Knoll didn't have the finances to back two different cars? But now we know.
I would like to see it be a long term deal. But I would prefer a 2 year deal to Snake and Larry, (Or anyone) sitting out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back