Sirius Speedway NHRA Coverage (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Nitro Member
Over the last couple of years I’ve enjoyed listening to Sirius' racing talk show on Channel 123 from 2pm to 5pm central time. It was replayed irregularly (usually 9pm to midnight), but competed with basketball and hockey on the same channel.

In the last week or so Sirius started its dedicated racing (NASCAR) channel, which is #128. Basically the only content they have through the beginning of next year, when they pick up NASCAR from XM, is Sirius Speedway. As such they repeat each day’s show almost continuously until the next show airs.

Today they had live interviews with JR Todd and Greg Anderson. Tomorrow is Karen Stouffer and Phil Burkhart.

Admittedly the content is something like 60% NASCAR, maybe 20% NHRA, 15% IRL/Champ, plus all the rest. Force is on regularly, Geiger is on every Thursday, Scelzi, Enders, etc. along with several crew chiefs and owners (David Powers was on last Thursday or Friday) make the rounds.

If you've ever thought about trying out Sirius, and you like racing talk, now is the time to try.

I just wish Sirius would play the three days of NHRA broadcasts (off the internet) that I've also grown to like if I'm near a computer when a race is going on. However, one downside is that my wife has accused me of calling her to the staging lanes based not on the track that we are racing at, but based on the NHRA's internet call . . . we're just at the wrong race!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back