Using Allstar race for testing? (1 Viewer)

CrewGuy

Nitro Member
Do you think the fans kinda got the shaft? Everything I hear (Sirius NASCAR channel-see side note below) and read (Jayski) points to the teams using the Allstar race for a prelude to the 600. JGR used the race to test their "JGR Toyota" motors. Previously the team used motors that were 75% Toyota parts/25% JGR parts.

The new cars have not seem much action on the 1 1/2 tracks so I guess that's the reason for testing. Looking at the 77 car's performance, the rearend trick definitely helps the car but it sure looks stupid coming down the straightaways. NASCAR will add a rule to stop that. It seems that when a car gets in open air- they are gone. Based on this, I think the 600 will be a sleeper.

Side note:
If you guys are a true "gearhead" like myself- you have to try Sirius. The NASCAR coverage is great. Combined with the music, I don't know how I lived without it. I just wished Sirius could create an NHRA channel.

Dont believe everythin you read about those JGR engine. TRD hasnt had the horse power till Mark Conquist (JGR Engineman)got involved with them and look what happen to all the toyotas.

With Nascar's rules on test sessions at tracks where events are held, I am not shocked at what the Gibbs team did. After Tony losing an engine in practice I am not sure why they did look over the other team's engines. I was listening to the NASCAR Morning Drive this morning while Stern was on commercial and I heard Tony's comments from his show last night stating all 3 engines had the same problem with rocker arms. Hornish's car was kind of extreme with the rear-end housing, I heard tonight that Edwards and Kyle Busch's teams were doing the same thing but not as extreme. I have had Sirius for almost 2 years now and I can not remember the last time I listened to terrestrial radio. Shortly, I expect the Sirius to get better when they acquire XM.

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to NASCAR.

And I just unsubscribed to XM - had it for a few years and loved it. Bought the new Sirius radio but just haven't installed it yet. Still po'ed about the whole deal (XM/Sirius).

Rule on side force has already been changed to a 1 degree max on Tuesday.

What's amazing to the common man is that teams can throw away a race for $1 million and test some new parts. It's still $1 mil.

This race is boring and old. The track is not fit for this race but no one see's it. It should be at Richmond. But with the shops, the driver's homes, and the incoming NASCAR Hall of Fame all close to Charlotte, it's staying.

There should be NO RULES for this race. Except have 4 GoodYear tires on your car, and adhere to all NASCAR safety requirements. Everything is free game after that,

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back