Shirley Muldowney's facebook post (1 Viewer)

StarLink
High Speed Internet
Available AnyWhere On Earth
Now $349

Yeah, for me, I'm not going to criticize her, I'm just a guy (fan) that's never drag raced. But I think any helmet, as long as it meets current safety standards, would not have made much of a difference. A 300MPH side impact is still a 300MHP impact regardless of helmet,

Last edited:
Yeah I saw it yesterday and had the same "ick" feeling.

"Get well soon" or "Prayers for John and his family" are really all that needed to be said.

It was the equivalent of saying "should have used Weld wheels in 1984"

Regardless if she's got a deal with Bell or not, the comment was in bad taste. Unfortunately, some people don't have the best filter when they post.

I hope the comment is in bad taste and not because she has a deal with Bell. The people at Bell must be having a fit now over that.

Thankfully she's deleted this ill concieved and inappropriate post. She was arguing w fans on it also.

I understand she had to be tough and no BS when she raced, but you would think as the years go on she would mellow out much like say Jim Dunn or ironically Connie Kalitta but instead she seems to have grown more bitter and resentful in her later years and like Tony said, its a sad way to live. Much like the rest of us keyboard warriors, there are things we say that should not be said and someone with her stature should think before typing, especially not only the post itself but her reply to a few on there before it was taken down.

I understand she had to be tough and no BS when she raced, but you would think as the years go on she would mellow out much like say Jim Dunn or ironically Connie Kalitta but instead she seems to have grown more bitter and resentful in her later years and like Tony said, its a sad way to live. Much like the rest of us keyboard warriors, there are things we say that should not be said and someone with her stature should think before typing, especially not only the post itself but her reply to a few on there before it was taken down.

Zed, I think this post is very well said. It's a shame that she seems so bitter for whatever reasons.

Shirley has always been rough around the edges. Her interviews are usually a little sour. I took my son to get an autograph 25 years ago at a car show and she was less than happy. Glad she pulled the post.

Shirley doesn’t have anything against John. Just her opinion on helmets. They had a long conversation in Chicago. They seemed to be very good friends.

Attachments

• IMG_5986.jpeg
    IMG_5986.jpeg
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 90
Is that Garlits standing on the otherside of Shirley?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back