Sheesh... it doesn't pay to be a gentleman! (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
I was at the Matzo Ball yesterday. For those that don't know, the Matzo Ball (exact spelling) is the biggest jewish singles event/dance in the US, I went to the one in Boca Raton.

Now I went there with the mindset just to have fun, but let's be real here... I came to meet women, just like most of the other people.

During my travels I was walking along and in one of the bars I stopped due to a traffic jam of people and noticed this beautiful girl being hassled by a group of around 3 or 4 guys. Those jerks were all over her, groping her all over (including grabbing her @$$) etc. She was smiling but even though I'm not the best reader of body language I could tell she was uncomfortable, and I noticed she was looking at me several times. When when I saw those jerks looking away I went over to her and said, "Jeez they were all over you, wanna get away and dance?"

To my surprise she said "no thank you." I was shocked! I walked away, but I was pissed (but didn't show it) so I went to another bar and even though I'm not a big drinker I had a jagermeister (sp?) and coke to cool off.

And no, I wasn't dressed like chopped liver either, I wore a nice buttoned-down dress shirt and khakis whereas most of the other guys came in t-shirts and jeans.

Why would a girl let herself be hassled and groped rather than go with a guy, a gentleman like me? I just don't get it.

After the incident you described that she went thru with the rude guys, she probably erroneously put you in her mental group of "just another a$$hole guy" and turned you down to avoid further hassle.

Too bad you had to be profiled that way but hat's off to you for trying to do the right thing.

Sam, the right girl for you will easily adapt to your gentlemanly style. The wrong girl will usually prefer being groped by the masses since she's more suited to be the right girl for the entire team.

Yeah, I know if I was single in a bar and I had several women all over me, I'd just be waiting for someone to save me! :D

My advice is the same as before. Just try to focus on doing the things that make you like yourself. I predict that the right one will come along when you're not even trying.

Hey, if she was the wrong one, just be glad she did you the favor of letting you see her true self now instead of deceiving you. Some women will break your heart for the fun of it.

My advice is the same as before. Just try to focus on doing the things that make you like yourself. I predict that the right one will come along when you're not even trying.

That's it there people who are at ease with themselves are usually more likely to atract like-minded people, but Samual, you gotta be flexible.

I never ever in a million years did I think I would be this serious (as it talking engagement) with anybody who wasn't into racing, cars, etc. !He always saw himself with somebody who was also in the military.

...finding a date isn't like finding a car with all the right options, although admitedly the fact that we are both the same religion helps us in both our relationship with eachother and our relationship with Christ. My brother married somebody who wasn't our religion but she converted and the spiritual growth that both of them acquired was phenominal.

I think that Matzo Ball would have been a great place for you to meet people, especially if your faith is important to you but not if you are just going to pick up a date! All but 2 of my past boyfriends I've met at Church functions. In retrospect, those 2 guys were the only 2 that I've not remained good friends with.

Good luck!

That's it there people who are at ease with themselves are usually more likely to atract like-minded people, but Samual, you gotta be flexible.

I never ever in a million years did I think I would be this serious (as it talking engagement) with anybody who wasn't into racing, cars, etc. !He always saw himself with somebody who was also in the military.

...finding a date isn't like finding a car with all the right options, although admitedly the fact that we are both the same religion helps us in both our relationship with eachother and our relationship with Christ. My brother married somebody who wasn't our religion but she converted and the spiritual growth that both of them acquired was phenominal.

I think that Matzo Ball would have been a great place for you to meet people, especially if your faith is important to you but not if you are just going to pick up a date! All but 2 of my past boyfriends I've met at Church functions. In retrospect, those 2 guys were the only 2 that I've not remained good friends with.

Good luck!

Dave Ramsey occasionally repeats a quote, giving credit to it's orginator and I can't find them by searching. Anyways, it goes something like "If two people get together who are just alike, one of you is unnecessary" :)

Yeah, most people don't want what they can have easily, and I doubt anyone worth having is going to be interested if you seem desperate/like you're looking. When you're comfortable with who you are, that's when others are attracted to you.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back