6 words I wasn't ready to hear (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
OK, Dean (my son) turned 13 on Mother's Day. I took him to the Skating Rink, dropped him off at 8:00 pm and picked him up at 10:30 pm. I asked him how it went.

Well, his buddies pressured him into 'going out' with a girl. That's equivalent to our 'going steady' or 'going with'. Oh, sure...he's 'gone out' with girls already.

BUT......This was a little different. He almost immediately broke up with her because "She was all over me, Mom!"

Ugh! I wasn't ready for that! :(:eek:;)

AH the good ole days... Remember them like they were only 31 years ago... WTF happened to my life?? :D

When I was 13 and going to the skating rink with my hot little "friend", she would be all over me while the music was playing and the lights were low along with that annoying disco ball making me feel like I was on some sort of trip... My "friend" who would be all over me on the skating floor holding my hand as we went round and round and who was always grabbing on me, always turned as cold as a cube of ice when we were not skating... :confused: I later found out, she didn't know how to skate... :D Silly boy and my misinterpetation... :p

Just be happy your not HER mom Kel...
I have heard of this from other parents about young girls and the dirty talk issue... But I have'nt got any phone numbers yet...

You are fortunate to have such a good relationship with your son. When I was 13 any sort of discussion about "girls" would be had far away from my parents ears. And yes, the 14 year old neighboir was "all over me" too.... ;)

You are fortunate to have such a good relationship with your son. When I was 13 any sort of discussion about "girls" would be had far away from my parents ears. And yes, the 14 year old neighboir was "all over me" too....
Um Ted,
Back in our day, the words you can tell us/me anything "meaning our parent(s)" usually had a belt at the end of that story... :D Back when don't ask, don't tell meant something totally different than today... :eek:

I also had the same experiences that most boys have at a very young age, they were "all over me" and scared the hell out of me really... We use to call those girls something, I just can't remember what it was... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, as often as possible... :D

Ahh the joys of the teen age years! I sure as heck don't look forward to that age! Hopefully my kids don't try pulling any of the stuff that I did!
My seven year old daughter is already 4' 6" tall and all legs....I think I am going to have my hands full. ARRR!
I do have to agree with Ted though Kelly...at least he feels he can come to you with these sort of problems. Just keep smiling! :)

Thank Heaven my kids are past all this...
They tell me now that their rule of thumb was "what would dad do?", then do the opposite to play it safe... Thank Mom:)... using your loving son as a bad example for your grandchildren... (and I was the "good" kid outta the five)...

Ya got yourself a good son there Kelly, Ya done good...

Try being the father of five daughters.......:eek:

Sounds like a fine young man, Kelly. He will do well in life.

When I read the title of the thread, I thought it might be a caption contest.-LOL

Hey Kel, want me to talk to him? You know, give him some pointers......LOL

Alan

P.S. You got a GREAT kid, but then you already knew that.

My concern with Dean is this... He is 13, as soon as he realizes the power he possesses and starts to find his way in life with the ladies in 4-6 months... ;) It will be to late to turn back... I hope you are all here for Kelly when she really hears something that totally shakes her world...

And Alan would be a good choice if you want a few grandkids and anarky at 33... :D

My sister keeps freakin out and asking me what her 10 year old means when he says, "I need some alone time" while he's in the shower... :eek: How would I know... :D

And trust me, there are many four and five letter words that you REALLY don't want to hear... If you hear me...

Am I wrong Kelly to assume you were not only talking about how your son handled the situation as well as a statement about the conduct of the girl ?

My daughter has noticed the same thing with her girls.
It seems the peer pressure is on girls to be brash and to control boys and girls fight over boys all the time at school.
Every time one of her girls even talks to a boy it seems it's duke it out time.
Very strange from my growing up days.
The girls didn't fight over me till the middle twenties. LOL
No not the 1920's the middle twenties.
Oh well give up while I'm behind .

Well, his buddies pressured him into 'going out' with a girl. That's equivalent to our 'going steady' or 'going with'. Oh, sure...he's 'gone out' with girls already.

Be glad it's not "Hooking up" which my 12 year old nieces have informed me isn't what I thought it meant.

When I was 16 and just got my license, my first date and I went to local Drive-inn. And she started getting pretty aggressive and I was like "So this is how it is?" That was my first official "Make out" session, Looking back I missed out on Plenty of Opps! But then again I didn't get any of them preggers either!:eek:

"Mom, I got my girlfriend pregnant."

Could have been much worse! Sounds like your boy has a good head on his shoulders.

Ugghhhh......that could be a potential conversation. BUT, we've already had the condom talk. Hell, I told him I'd even buy them for him.

When I read the title of the thread, I thought it might be a caption contest.-LOL

Hey Kel, want me to talk to him? You know, give him some pointers......LOL

Alan

P.S. You got a GREAT kid, but then you already knew that.
HAHA! I'd rather YOU talk to him than his own father! He would learn nothing but what NOT to do from him! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back