Who says NHRA/ESPN doesn't pay attention to Nitromater (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
Well, as I sit here typing, the Saturday night qualifying show from Denver is running and guess what, they are showing all the runs from last night's 2nd session rather than the Saturday session #1 at least so far. Of course Denver was running two night sessions and Session 3 was going to be somewhat late in the day, so it was probably easier for them to do this, but it would be nice to think that they listened to some hard core fans and figured out that presenting a show of busted runs and worthless qualifying passes doesn't exite anyone. Kudos to ESPN2 on tonight's show up to this point.

I like how they do alk about the bike issue. Regardless of what side you are on it is an issue and worth talking about. They haven't ducked it or ignored it PLUS they haven't beaten it to death. A tough tight rope act to do and they have done it very well

i have always wondered why they would shy away from the friday night qualifying sessions. i would think the casual television watcher would be more apt to stop and watch with the flames shooting out rather than a tire smoking, early shut-off festival from saturday. they also might want to go catch a live event some time to witness it.

i also think they should have the extreme slow motion cam (from chicago in 2008) at each race. that thing is wild!

i have always wondered why they would shy away from the friday night qualifying sessions.

I think there are two reasons: local curfews and the unusual conditions. The conditions mean that people who miss the setup (by even a little bit) get hosed, and the crew chiefs also don't have or get any meaningful data from the session.

I thought this was the best qualifying show of the year. Night sessions are so fun to watch, great TV.

I think all the summer races should be night races.

It looks better on T.V. and why make your fans sit out in the hot ass sun all day.

ESPN sucks, Baseball sucks, been waiting all day to watch denver eliminations and college allstar baseball is on. ESPN gets the big fat middle finger from my greasy hand. FU espn

I just checked espn they said the game had a 4 hour rain delay.I think It's time for the nhra to find a different channel to have the races on,I,m getting tired of this. TNN didn't treat the nhra this way.

SNAFU......

I only get surprised when the NHRA broadcasts are NOT delayed.

Game has supposedly been shortened to seven innings - it's now the bottom of the fourth. NHRA had something on the site about rescheduling, but the story wouldn't open. Now I can't access NHRA.com. This is just inexcusable - :mad:

OK usualy when there is a small delay... it choke it up to what it is.. just a normal money deal.... but today... it bites.. i went and did my complaint e-mail for what its worth...lol...

i have been dyng for some drag racing... and this is crap.... i now feel the rest of your pain.....lol.... i live in the heart of colleget sports region.. and i HATE college sports... always have always will....and i told them that also...lol...

guess i will whip out the old Diamond P VCR tapes....lol....

Billy

back to the original point - kurt , I've said that before about night qualifying being on tv and I was hoping the same thing last night as I watched. It was very cool and I hope they keep doing it.

I just checked espn they said the game had a 4 hour rain delay.I think It's time for the nhra to find a different channel to have the races on,I,m getting tired of this. TNN didn't treat the nhra this way.
This is more than even I can tolerate, what a bunch of B.S.:mad:

Sorry if I hijacked this thread from it's original subject , I was boiling over with anger. I don't follow baseball, my favorite season was 94 when they striked.
NHRA.com is flooded, cant even get in

Usually I stay out of the NHRA bashing and negitive tones over all. I'm always looking at the glass being half full, BUT......... AAA ball, or whatever. Are you kidding me? If NHRA pays money to air the show they are being taken, period. Are there really less NHRA fans than there are some amature baseball level fans???????????? Or am I just a 1 in 1,000,000 because I enjoy my drag racing so much? I'm going to sit down and pay my bills since that's more enjoyable than this BS baseball show.

we are still in about a twenty minute rain delay... i flicked on the tube at 7, bb, clicked up to home page at nhra.com... almost missed the front page note that broadcast was moved to 5:30 eastern...

T/F is in the lanes... Flops being dragged to the lanes...

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back