Seattle Maters (1 Viewer)

Well, weather.com says 30% chance of R and "few showers"...I'll take my chances. Unless there is a major downpour Saturday morning, DH and I will be heading out fairly early. I know I started this thread, but if someone could set up a meeting time and place, that would be great. I just found out I'm pregnant again :D :D and my brain isn't working with my body very well. Thank you!

:D:D:D:D

Bad news; I don't think that Lisa & I can make a "mater meet unless it's late in the day.

We have to meet with an NHRA rep @ 9:00am Sat & Sun; something about me winning the Motel 6 Seattle Ultimate Nitro Fan contest!!!

Wow - congrats on that one! Just think, a Mater in our midst won a nice prize!! Late in the day works for me too - but I guess we all need to decide date/time/location ASAP. I'm heading out early Thursday and don't have a laptop so I'll be incommunicado.

Hey Rich - which Kent NAPA store is your car going to be at?

Wow, Brent Busch, Shannon Timm, and Brent Sanford all at the same race! Sounds like Woodburn. We're going to Rush Friday night and might need to cut out of there early.
Dammit, I didn't even think of them being in Seattle. I just saw the date for the Clark County Amphitheater and noticed it was Sat. so I decided to go to the races instead. Rush is my favorite band but since I got to see them on the R30 tour I guess I can miss them this time. :(

The NAPA store between Auburn and Kent on Central Ave. We are displaying for Royal Purple which is part of a parking lot sale.

The NAPA store between Auburn and Kent on Central Ave. We are displaying for Royal Purple which is part of a parking lot sale.

I should come visit. That's only a couple miles from my office. Remind me when you're going to be there. :)

The weather sure has taken a 180 degree turn but I'd take what we've got today no problem. :D

Accuweather told me this morning that it's supposed to be sunny and 79 on Saturday and Sunday. Showers overnight the next few days. It's kind of spitting today.

But, mother nature here is temperamental. I think the weather here is actually controlled by mother nature's spiteful, ugly stepsister. Heh. So, who knows how it will be this weekend. I just hope accuweather's forecast at this point holds up.

My brother is coming with me on Saturday and my best buddy is anxiously awaiting his trip on Sunday. He's been bugging me every weekend for two months, "Are the drag races next month?" and now "Are the drag races next weekend yet?"

Yeah. Gonna be fun.

I'm up for meeting anytime, anywhere. Just point me in the right direction. :D

Accuweather told me this morning that it's supposed to be sunny and 79 on Saturday and Sunday. Showers overnight the next few days. It's kind of spitting today...

Read the same forecast in the paper this morning. The wet stuff is supposed to be over by Friday...just in time for the races.

I went up to Mission Raceway in BC for the NHRA National Open this past weekend. Really made me anxious for the big event this weekend at Pacific Raceways.

Wow - congrats on that one! Just think, a Mater in our midst won a nice prize!!

Thanks Doug! :)
I think it's gonna be a blast, especially for Lisa as I got to be on the starting line last year but she hasn't had the pleasure yet!!!

Rich: knew you were a smart guy! Lisa & I have to cut out early Fri for the Rush show too. She caught them last month in Tampa. When they announced tour dates we knew they wouldn't schedule "Seattle" after the races! :rolleyes:
I guess Fri night is better than Thur night when she flys in!!!

Keepin' fingers crossed re: the weather. Last I heard was back to 80 on Monday!!! AARRGGGHHHH!!!

:)

The weather sure has taken a 180 degree turn but I'd take what we've got today no problem. :D
Accuweather told me this morning that it's supposed to be sunny and 79 on Saturday and Sunday. Showers overnight the next few days. It's kind of spitting today.
I definitely like accuweathers forecast over weather.coms but I`m sure it`ll change again when I check it tomorrow morning. The local KING5 forecast looks okay too. Oh well, watever happens happens...just hope I don`t have to spend the majority of the weekend in the bar at Saltys or at BB McGraws.

It's just how both schedules were laid out. Just a coincidence, I'm sure there's some other event going on in just about every city they play in during the summer. If you see some guy in the "lawn seats" wearing a capitol auto group racing shirt it will be me. I wonder if anyone from the band is an NHRA fan?

I'm not to thrilled with this Christmas in July forecast. So where and when is the nitromater meeting?

I'm actually liking the forecast (except for that "R" stuff) - nothing wrong with those temps as far as I'm concerned. Way better than 100 last year...

Yeah, where and when? 1000 Saturday @ NitroMall? I'll do all I can to see your car tomorrow Rich - maybe by then there'll be some consensus here. lol

Why not have a mater meeting at 10:00 AM on both Saturday and Sunday? That way if somebody isn't able to make one, they could make the other. I'll be the long-haired fat guy standing in front of the Nitro Mall :D

Peace,
Mike

Not to be a naysayer but I'm NOT liking the forcasts that I've been hearing today. Temps sound great but the "R" word is scaring me!!! I truely hope that the powers that be have a contingency (sp) plan!!!

Looks like all of our pro track records were set 2 years ago ('05). Does anyone remember if that Friday was the rain day: I remember getting there early as usual and the rain finally quit around 11/noon. Pros did get both sessions in that day but I'm thinkin' that because of the rain it stayed fairly cool.
Maybe if we stay cool the records could go buh-bye!!! ;)

It's just how both schedules were laid out. Just a coincidence, I'm sure there's some other event going on in just about every city they play in during the summer. If you see some guy in the "lawn seats" wearing a capitol auto group racing shirt it will be me. I wonder if anyone from the band is an NHRA fan?

We'll look for ya Rich; we're dead center, about row 20/25, right in front of the sound board! :D
At the moment, I'm planning on wearing my Dan Fletcher T-shirt!!!

In Neil's 3rd book, Traveling Music, he mentions enjoying racing as a kid. Don't know that any of them are "into it" now. Several years back Bob Wilbur, CSK team manager, was working on getting the bands OK to do a Rush Funny Car. I think that Del & Chuck were good to go but someone either in the band or in their management nixxed the idea. Check with Bob for the details.

:):)

Why not have a mater meeting at 10:00 AM on both Saturday and Sunday? That way if somebody isn't able to make one, they could make the other. I'll be the long-haired fat guy standing in front of the Nitro Mall :D

Peace,
Mike

That sounds like a completely sensible idea to me Mike... and therefore highly unlikely to be adopted. :p

How about Sat. Sun @ 1000 at the NitroMall? I'll be the short-haired fat guy there. I'll probably be wearing the 2006 event T on Saturday (yeah I know I have my wardrobe planned in advance already - sad or what, eh?)

I saw people already heading up there to race very early this morning. I had to take a set of doubles up to our yard in Lakewood (exit 127 off I-5) and on the way north a couple motorhomes with trailers passed me. One trailer had Toyo Tires on the sides and the other trailer had a big Lucas Oil decals on it and decals that said "Super Comp Dragster" and I think the name was Tom (?) Bayer. This was at around 1:00 - 1:30am pacific time so these guys were getting an early start on the racing weekend. :D

10am at the Nitromall sounds good to me. I'll be there weather pending, of course. Now, I just have to remember it....:rolleyes:

I seriously doubt I will make it for a meeting on Saturday ... I'm bringing my goofy brother in law who thinks being up by 11 a.m. on Saturday is early. Heh.

Sunday, however, is doable as my buddy Mike is coming with me. Since he's staying with us there's no waiting for him to get to my house and so on.

You can identify me ... well, here, for the visual people:
1180661735.jpg

And supposedly I'll have a media credential around my neck.

See y'all at the track. :D

I saw people already heading up there to race very early this morning. I had to take a set of doubles up to our yard in Lakewood (exit 127 off I-5) and on the way north a couple motorhomes with trailers passed me. One trailer had Toyo Tires on the sides and the other trailer had a big Lucas Oil decals on it and decals that said "Super Comp Dragster" and I think the name was Tom (?) Bayer. This was at around 1:00 - 1:30am pacific time so these guys were getting an early start on the racing weekend. :D

Thomas Bayer out of Fontana, CA., runs in alcohol dragster. I think he's fairly new. Today's registration & tech; alcohol's first run is 1:30 tomorrow.

Who do ya drive for, Brent? I drive for Puget Sound Truck Lines; not the best outfit in the world but no joints!!!:D
I was in Seattle & north the last 2 days so I didn't see anyone! :(

:)

Friday looks like the worst day of the three. I`m already checking how much it`s going to cost if I have to stay an extra day if they run on Monday. Got a feeling I could be flying back up the weekend after Sonoma.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back