SEATTLE: Saturday Weather Delay (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
SEATTLE: Saturday Weather Delay [Over]

Things were looking good this morning for the scheduled 9:00am PDT start time until about 8:45, when the wet stuff started to come down again.

It's wasn't heavy, but it enough to delay the schedule again.

Currently we are back to heavy clouds, occasional brief bursts of Sunshine, and watching and waiting...:confused:

Last edited:
Hmm. It's 9:40 now and not raining here at my house. In fact, it's getting a little drier on the ground. I still plan to be at the track by 11 a.m. for the planned 11:30 start of the pro session. No update on nhra.com with a delay.

It is overcast with breaks in the clouds. It doesn't look like it did yesterday, the kind of cloud system that you just know is going to dump all day long.

Guess I'll know more when I get to the track.

10:20am All of the Super Street cars are in the lanes and final "dusting and cleaning" is in progress.

Baring any additional "stuff", we should get started in the next 15-30 minutes.:p

10:35am: RUNNING!! The first pair of SST cars have left the starting line!

Man....

Rain BITES....

Mixed feelings about who's In and Out with rain happening...

Wildthing, Cruzzer, Head outside, Papa on the Bubble

Grubby Outside, OilDry is the Bubbleboy... and Chrisman is 13th

Kapt. K, Tony R, Krisner, Watson Outside, EE is the bubble...

Want to see 2nd Q round... But all my Favs are in.... so like I said, Mixed feelings

3:25pm

Bob Frey is saying 3:30pm to restart TAD qualifying. About 6 to go, then TAFC will run. IF there are no more weather delays...:D

5:00pm After a couple of pairs of Pro Stockers tried to run, the skies have opened up again. The radar is looking BAD!:(

Tomorrow's forecast doesn't look that good either...according to the National Weather Service anyway.

What kind of condition are the pits and parking lot in? If those forecasts are accurate it looks like they will be a complete mess by the time the rain ends tomorrow. It seems like moving this race to the weekend after Sonoma may be a possibility but that would make it 9 straight weekends. They could move the race to October and run it the weekend before Vegas, but NHRA is probably reluctant to do that because although it would give the teams a much needed week off, it would upset the integrity of Countdown to the Championship and in the fall the cars may run too quick for NHRA's liking.

I hate not going to the race but it's looking like I made the right decision not to drive 150+ miles one-way to watch one round of qualifying and sit in the rain. I was torn last night whether I should get up early and drive up there but the weather forcast looked too iffy.

No more qualifying today. From NHRA.com:
Relentless rain forces officials to set the elimination fields after one round

I decided at the last minute to stay home today. I hate for it to be raining on this weekend more than you can imagine. The one weekend I look forward to every year is a washout. It probably won't rain again this bad until October.

I went golfing (early) instead of dealing with a raceday like it turned out to be. Tomorrow will be even worse from what I'm hearing.

At least my lawn is liking the rain. it was getting kinda brown.

What kind of condition are the pits and parking lot in? If those forecasts are accurate it looks like they will be a complete mess by the time the rain ends tomorrow. It seems like moving this race to the weekend after Sonoma may be a possibility but that would make it 9 straight weekends. They could move the race to October and run it the weekend before Vegas, but NHRA is probably reluctant to do that because although it would give the teams a much needed week off, it would upset the integrity of Countdown to the Championship and in the fall the cars may run too quick for NHRA's liking.

that absolutely cracks me up.

the 'integrity' of the clowndown .

ROTFLMAO.:D

Did PJ not read that yet? or thinking better of commenting? lol
I personally don't like how they allowed some cars that weren't in the top 10 back in the field because they were not qualified. We talk about no provisionals and such, then something like this?
(Guess I should have read the thread devoted to this topic, huh?)

Last edited:
that absolutely cracks me up.

the 'integrity' of the clowndown .

ROTFLMAO.:D

Couldn't you picture Compton or Light using that term to justify some sort wacky decision that they made, such as why they opted to go back to Bristol in July as opposed to after Richmond.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back