Seattle Maters (1 Viewer)

Wow Joe, that is super outrageous! I don't blame you for holding back. The only way we were able to fly my parents (in Alaska) and my brother (in Phoenix) out for my wedding in January was special passes from my FIL who works for Horizon/Alaska Air.

Well, we'll see what the weather does. They are forcasting 90 degrees next week, but cooler afterwords. I have all my fingers and toes crossed (makes it really hard to type!).

Cat

I have tickets for all three days and will definitely be at the races on Friday and Sunday. However, I may have to run down south near Mount St. Helens on Saturday.

We will be doing that Royal Purple Display on the Thursday prior to the race at the NAPA Auto Parts store between Kent and Auburn on Central. I'd like to encourage all the Maters to stop by and say hello!

I originally thought it was the store across from IKEA but that was incorrect.

Wow Joe, that is super outrageous! I don't blame you for holding back. The only way we were able to fly my parents (in Alaska) and my brother (in Phoenix) out for my wedding in January was special passes from my FIL who works for Horizon/Alaska Air.

Well, we'll see what the weather does. They are forcasting 90 degrees next week, but cooler afterwords. I have all my fingers and toes crossed (makes it really hard to type!).

Cat

What gets me is from '95 to '02 I went 4 times and I think my Highest fare was like $230! I can understand fare increases with Fuel costs and all, but $400??

And I was lucky to Avoid those 90+ Degrees years thank God!

The heat wave is this week and things should be cooler by the weekend. I was just interviewing a driver and he said the 10 day outlook today shows some moisture Tues/Weds/Thurs which is funny because of course I said rain would be the least of our worries.

Ah, well, I'm not always right. :D

But, even a little moisture and temps in the 70s would be way better than last year. I think some of my extremities melted a little last year.

Now, to go find the people who can connect me with the other two pro drivers I want to talk to ...

I was just wondering what the humidity levels are in Washington. It's stupid hot in Vegas right now and about 8% humidity. A 30 degree cool down sounds good right now. Can't wait to get there and smell the nitro!

Dan

I'll be leaving Happyrock around 5:30AM Friday morning, hopefully arriving around 8ish. I've got one co-worker who's first race was last year, and another rookie and his son coming up on Saturday. I'll bring them to the Mater meetings (once the times and place are established).

SATURDAY SCHEDULE:
Sportsman Eliminations 9:15 AM
Comp Eliminator - Round 1 11:00 AM
Pro Stock Qualifying Session (PS Car) 11:30 AM
Nitro Qualifying Session (Top Fuel Dragster / Funny Car) 12:00 PM
TAD/TAFC Qualifying Session 1:00 PM
Pro Stock Qualifying Session (PS Car) 2:30 PM
Nitro Qualifying Session (Top Fuel Dragster / Funny Car) 3:00 PM
TAD/TAFC - Round 1 4:00 PM
Comp Eliminator - Round 2 5:00 PM
Sportsman Eliminations continue 5:15 PM

I figure that if anyone wants to meet up on Sunday, should we stick with the Mater standard of 10:00AM?

I'm also open to finding a good pub to hang out Friday and/or Saturday, the more taps the better:D

Cheers,
food-smiley-004.gif

Mike

The heat wave is this week and things should be cooler by the weekend. I was just interviewing a driver and he said the 10 day outlook today shows some moisture Tues/Weds/Thurs which is funny because of course I said rain would be the least of our worries.
Pretty sure your driver was talking about weather.coms forecast. Accuweather is a much more reliable site from my experience, and they`re calling for 86 and mostly sunny all three days. No mention of r@*! at all in their 10 day.

I was just wondering what the humidity levels are in Washington. It's stupid hot in Vegas right now and about 8% humidity. A 30 degree cool down sounds good right now. Can't wait to get there and smell the nitro!

Dan

There wasn't much humidity yesterday. 94F at my house and I'm 9 miles from the track as the crow flies. Should push 100F today and that's a bunch for this place. Lots of humidity in the pool though.

Pretty sure your driver was talking about weather.coms forecast. Accuweather is a much more reliable site from my experience, and they`re calling for 86 and mostly sunny all three days. No mention of r@*! at all in their 10 day.

Heh, accuweather is what's pushed to my BlackBerry but it only goes out five days on the device.
But, yes, weather.com is what I think he was looking at, too because that's what I saw yesterday. :)

Fudge, 86? That's too hawt! Waaah.

Yep it was hot as, well, I'd say the fifth circle of hell yesterday and we'll be teetering on the edge of the seventh circle of hell today. I'm in my air conditioned office now but have to go sit in my non-a/c'd house this afternoon to wait for some cable tech to come fix my Internet connection. Sigh.

I digress. As long as it's not pushing 100 next week or anything close that will be very nice. :D

I can probably make a 10 am meeting on Sunday. I think I can manage to be out of bed by 9 a.m. ... 45 minutes to get ready, 15 minutes to the track, yeah that should work.

Oh Kris, I just knew you were gonna talk about A/C. I laid down for a bit, woke up SWEATING at 2:15pm. It's easily the seventh circle of hell right now. 96 up here on South Hill (which, for those of you reading this with a/c or ceiling fans doesn't sound bad, but I have two floor fans...that's it!). Ugh...yes, weather.com was saying 69 and 50% chance of rain for Saturday the 21st. I actually like that forecast after this week.

Cat

accuweather.com has forecasts for Maple Valley (where I live, 98038) for 79 and 82 on Saturday and Sunday respectively of race weekend and much cooler temps this weekend and all next week ... 70 degrees on Friday, July 20, which could make for some killer session 1 and 2 qualifying runs here. Hope that holds up.

Yeah it's 94 degrees here at my house and I'm melting. I've got four box fans in the house and two ceiling fans. I think it might be 85 inside my house. My cable Internet is now all working but I am tempted to drive back to the office. Heh. Or, I can go to the coffee shop a half mile from here and surf with the free wifi. Hmmmmmmmm. :D

I am so glad the weather is getting this out of its system now. I can handle this for a couple days before the race rather than the whole race weekend.

I live in Gig Harbor and work in Bremerton. Hotter than hell outside today. Bremerton got one of the highest temps in the area today. It was 98 degrees on a bank sign at 3:30 PM on my way home.

Reminds me of last year's race weekend.

I got a tad bit smarter this year and bought a couple window A/C units on Monday. A friend told me both Lowes and Home Depot were out of them yesterday. My bedroom and "man room" are quite pleasant right now.

I plan on attending all 3 days of the Seattle Race. I think that we should do mater meeting on one of the days were there. And yes it would be nice for it to be a lot cooler there then it has been in the past. Isn't that right Brent?

Shannon

Yes, I'll be there all 3 days as well and I'm okay with any day for the Mater meeting - Sunday @ 1000 seems to be the early leader for date/time, which would work for me except that the pre-race ceremonies are on then and call me weird, but I like the ceremonies. Helps get me "pumped up" - and last year the skydivers scared the crap outta me, almost swooping down on me (Grandstand B).

So basically I'm okay with Sunday @ 1000, but what about maybe Saturday @ 1000 instead?

Personally I like Saturday around 10am (as I think Saturday is probably going to be our only day there). I confirmed with Hubby that we are waiting until Friday to see how the weather will *actually* be before making the trip. I was SSOOO miserable last year, there is NO way I'm gonna go thru that again. I too think it will be MUCH better though....we're already cooling off.

Bumpity bump. It`s getting close!

:D:D:D:D

Bad news; I don't think that Lisa & I can make a "mater meet unless it's late in the day.

We have to meet with an NHRA rep @ 9:00am Sat & Sun; something about me winning the Motel 6 Seattle Ultimate Nitro Fan contest!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!

As in the past, Friday the 13th IS a lucky day for me!!!

I plan on attending all 3 days of the Seattle Race. I think that we should do mater meeting on one of the days were there. And yes it would be nice for it to be a lot cooler there then it has been in the past. Isn't that right Brent?

Shannon
Did some one call my name? :D Yes, a little cooler weather would be nice.

I still don't know how many days and what days I'll be attending. Right now it's looking like I'll be driving up very early Sat. and driving home late that night.

Did some one call my name? :D Yes, a little cooler weather would be nice.

I still don't know how many days and what days I'll be attending. Right now it's looking like I'll be driving up very early Sat. and driving home late that night.

Wow, Brent Busch, Shannon Timm, and Brent Sanford all at the same race! Sounds like Woodburn. We're going to Rush Friday night and might need to cut out of there early. It sounds like it may rain all weekend. We got lawn seats and there's like 20 dollars worth of extra charges tacked on to each ticket no wonder I rarely go to concerts any more! But hey it's SUMMER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD and RUSH! Lets hope it doesn't rain. Bring on the sun. I can't stand another weeekend of rain in Seattle, that's for damn sure.

We're having Jim at Competiton Printing print us off 50 of the new Rocketeer Dragster Posters that we will be giving away at the NAPA store in Kent on Thursday.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back