Seattle Maters (1 Viewer)

Miss Kitty

Nitro Member
Well, I guess it's already time to start asking who all is planning on being at the Seattle race. Hubby and I should be there at least Saturday, hopefully Friday too (as I don't have the kid that week :D ). I haven't looked at the schedule yet to see when qualifying is scheduled. Should we meet at the Nitro Mall again? (I say again, when I have yet to actually make it to a meeting)

Cat

Flying in Friday morning and out late Sunday night. Hope to see you there Cat.

We'll be display our new "Rocketeer" car at the NAPA store in Renton across from IKIA on Thursday and will be hanging around at the track the rest of the time since they don't race our class at national events.

Lisa is flying in Thurs evening.
We'll be there Friday till 5 or 6 (damn Rush concert) and all day Saturday & Sunday!!!

:):):)

Oh yeah, I'll be there all right despite the best efforts of Passport Canada... I will now be driving from Vancouver (BC) Thu AM and enjoying mid-morning traffic on I-5 rather than boarding a nice cramped CRJ to SeaTac since those fine bureaucrats lost my passport application 4 months ago!

But anyway, I'm most definitely looking forward to the CSK Nationals and my hope is that I'll be able to tear myself away and make this year's Mater meeting (I'm also hoping it's NOT 100 degrees again...). NitroMall sounds good to me!

I got an email from Christine Bese, she said they are completely rebuilding that place! She and her hubby drove by and the track is going the Opposite way now.

I got an email from Christine Bese, she said they are completely rebuilding that place! She and her hubby drove by and the track is going the Opposite way now.

LOL
I think that's the plan for the remodel. I'm pretty sure that it's going to be "normal" this year. I haven't been out yet this year so who knows....
Kris?
:)

Hello, I normally don't post but this sounds interesting. I'm a local and I will be out at the track on Wednesday looking for a team to help out with. Hopefully this year I'll have some luck. If not the wife and I would like to meet up with other MATERS. When and where do you meet? Joe

Making the Drive from Las Vegas, would like to put some faces to the names I see here. 100 would be a 17 to 20 degree cool down from here.

What day and time?

Dan

I'll be there on Saturday. Not sure about Sunday yet. Too busy at work to make it on Friday. Damn, thats usually the best day.

Another vote for less than 100 degrees! Low to mid seventies will equal some stout numbers from all the classes, not to mention making it bearable for us fans.

I'll be there the whole weekend, Friday through Sunday. Not sure (yet again) how I'm getting in the gates but Jason Fiorito mentioned something about getting me a spot in the press suite ... something like that ... last time I was at the track. I'll ask on Saturday when I'm there for a ride in a Pontiac or something. Heh.

I'm not sure how much work I'll be doing while there. I'll probably write some kind of wrap up story for our south end papers.

Oh, Joe Sherwood, here's the article I wrote about Fiorito's master plan to completely renovate Pacific Raceways during the next couple years:
http://kellyholmes.net/MaterPics/quilhill/cmv071906.pdf

(Thanks Kelly H. for hosting the PDF!)

So, I'll be around ... :)

That has been discussed for years, but is still probably a year or two out. . . if it ever happens. The track still runs in the same direction. I raced the LODRS Div 6 race there in June.

There you go ruining my Rumor!:p;):cool: Actually I heard last time I was there the County demanded a HUGE Pile of $$$ to cut down any Trees.

That is probably true! But they must have had a mountain of $$$ cause they have cut down a TON of trees! They have made some wonderful improvements, and I think that fans will immediately notice a lot of wonderful improvements they have made at the facility.

The only thing that's been done since last year is that they cleared the trees to make a pit area for sportsman cars. Otherwise, its like it was last year. They did add a family section wher beer , smoking and cussing is not aloud. So kudos to them for that!

All future stuff. The biggest thing you'll notice on the way in is the large parking lot on the R/S, farthest from the track, is now a giant open gravel pit. Selling the gravel rights is what is going to finance the future improvements. Also, the pro pits are all paved now.

I've always enjoyed going to Seattle, but the Airfares went Exxon/Mobil overnight! The last time I went was in '05 and I had to use a SW free ticket, otherwise my fare would have been....................$625!!!!!!:confused:
I have NEVER paid that much for any airfare, and don't plan to unless it's overseas.

I've always enjoyed going to Seattle, but the Airfares went Exxon/Mobil overnight! The last time I went was in '05 and I had to use a SW free ticket, otherwise my fare would have been....................$625!!!!!!:confused:
Hey Joe, it`s only $519.30 r/t now lol!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back