Scelzi to step away..... (1 Viewer)

Scelzi:"All I know is I don't want to get older and look back with regrets that I didn't spend enough time with my family. All the trophies don't mean that much when you stack them up next to your kids and your wife.

From someone who sometimes wishes he'd done things differently, I'd like to commend Gary for making this decision.

Good luck Gary. Hope to see you at Brainerd this summer.

From someone who knows what it's like to give up "the dream" for the families sake, I understand what you're going through Gary and hope to see ya' out on the track sometime again after this season.

I've heard it said:

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home."

Congratulations Gary! Thanks for such a dedicated career!

I'm glad for him. I'm only an alcohol puke, but I can't tell you how many times I've cringed when the next year's schedule comes out. Don't get me wrong, I love it, and there is nothing like it, but there are sacrafices. I've raced on my anniversary, Mother's Day, Father's Day (missed my first one), every summer holiday, countless birthday's,..... When a friend tells me he is getting married, I think, "Oh $hit, when", before I say congrats. Throw in the kids, and you can see why a guy that has accomplished what Gary has would want to walk away for awhile. Maybe something he learned from John Force.

Good for him. He has had a great career and has nothing to prove to no one. He is a great competitor and champion.

shame to see him go...now where is my resume to send in for his ride.....

Gary is a tremendous man. His contribution to this sport and personality has been one of a kind. He will be terribly missed, and is a true champion. Gary, best of luck to you in all you set your hands on, friend.

So...uh...what's old Skuza up to these days? :rolleyes:

I think Dean Shuza would be real good choise, it would be good to see him in a ride where he doesn't have to worry about paying the bills.

It's been so much fun and so enjoyable to have Gary out there.
Thank you so much Gary Scelzi for providing us so many years of laughter and good times.

Gary has always exhibited class and this is another example of his dedication to no BS, his competitive spirit, his professionalism, and demonstrates beyond all else a sense of gratitude and his place in the world that many of us would find difficult to live up to.

As I recall, Don Schumacher also made a personal decision to leave the sport many years back (for his own reasons), did what he set out to do, and returned with class and distinction. Perhaps we may be so fortunate as to see Gary follow a similiar path.

In a selfish way, I am really bummed; Scelzi is by far my favorite driver. I can't say I blame him though; running the Powerade schedule has got to wreak havoc on his family life; thanks to Scelzi Enterprises he has the luxury of walking away and still being able to make a good living. Maybe one of the NFCA teams can talk Gary into driving for them sometime; I'd love to see Scelzi and Capps race each other on the Nostalgia Funny Car circuit; watching a Scelzi/Capps final in Bakersfield would be pretty sweet!

What a class act. I sure will miss him being out there though.
Registered member said:
As I recall, Don Schumacher also made a personal decision to leave the sport many years back (for his own reasons), did what he set out to do, and returned with class and distinction. Perhaps we may be so fortunate as to see Gary follow a similiar path.
Wouldn't that be great! :cool:

Hey Don, if you want an old bald smartass who damn sure knows Oakley.....da jOkA will point that hot rod....

KB:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back