WildThang Stepping Away (1 Viewer)

if the structure of sponsorships change; i.e. similar to Rite Aid, for only a
few select races....and you have a large multi-car team that has the
financial depth where they may have an entire race ready operation
sitting at shop; i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that someone
like Gary mite be back in the seat next year, even if it's only a one
race deal.

pick me, pick me. You need someone as crazy as Sclezi to fill that spot

pick me, pick me. You need someone as crazy as Sclezi to fill that spot

nope PJ, you're too normal... I, on the other hand, am certified... in fact I make Steve Johnson look calm and normal... but I'm too tall... maybe... heck, let's try to get Holmes in the car... she'd make a great team mate to Stinky:eek::D

d'kid

nope PJ, you're too normal... I, on the other hand, am certified... in fact I make Steve Johnson look calm and normal... but I'm too tall... maybe... heck, let's try to get Holmes in the car... she'd make a great team mate to Stinky:eek::D

d'kid

ya know I've been told there's a resemblence between him and I.

The tutu, the wedding dress the...wait I'm arguing who's crazier aren't I?????? I guess thats crazy:D

:( Damn.

One of my favorites.
It'll suck not having Gary out there, but it's wonderful that he will be at home enjoying life and the fam.

Insanity is Hereditary...
You Get It From Your Children....

So it looks like Zappy wins hands down

d'kid
Pro Stock Bicycles are up now...

Uh...guys... I think your forgetting something that has been talked around here for a while...

1) Apparently there is news that the Rockstar sponsorship will not be back next year.... so that leaves a car without a sponsor, and a current DSR driver without a ride...Enter Jerry Toliver, however...there is also a little problem with Staffing over there as well for next year. If ya'll remember Alan Johnson and a few others will be Departing the US ARMY top fuel team, and I'm sure that they might be able to attract a few others from the funny car teams over to AJR. Makes sense for Don to PARK that ride and fully staff his current roster.

2) Is Leah Pruett gonna be able to secure the funding to field a DSR car full time? I hope so, I'd like to see her out there....

3) I hope Gary takes some good time off and enjoys his LIFE with his wife and kids. Gary's a good person and has a huge heart. I wish him the best!

There will be MANY changes over at DSR next year.

Heck,
I thought this was going to be a Part Time Season. All kidding aside, wish nothing but the best for Gary and his whole family...

d'kid

I wish Gary the best and I would not be shocked to see him back after a few years off. Didn't Whit say on a ESPN interview from Seattle that he would only come back for the right ride and crew chief and I seem to recall he said DSR and Todd O. Stranger things have happened.......

Re: WildThing Stepping Away

What I didn't like was Gary saying he didn't know if he'd finish the season,and it sounded like it wouldn't be his choice in the matter...I hope he is able to and maybe pull down another win.

Uh...guys... I think your forgetting something that has been talked around here for a while...

1) Apparently there is news that the Rockstar sponsorship will not be back next year.... so that leaves a car without a sponsor, and a current DSR driver without a ride...Enter Jerry Toliver, however...there is also a little problem with Staffing over there as well for next year. If ya'll remember Alan Johnson and a few others will be Departing the US ARMY top fuel team, and I'm sure that they might be able to attract a few others from the funny car teams over to AJR. Makes sense for Don to PARK that ride and fully staff his current roster.

2) Is Leah Pruett gonna be able to secure the funding to field a DSR car full time? I hope so, I'd like to see her out there....

3) I hope Gary takes some good time off and enjoys his LIFE with his wife and kids. Gary's a good person and has a huge heart. I wish him the best!

There will be MANY changes over at DSR next year.

Timmah!

Expect Don to fill the seat in the Oakley/Mopar Dodge with probably Jerry Toliver and only run with 3 FC's next year. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Geico go to DSR for his Bikes. I could see UPS there, but how does that effect the MTS deal?

For anyone who watched the ESPN2 show, Gary's stepping aside was nothing more than an afterthought. He DESERVED better. I rarely criticize ESPN2, but last night's show wasn't one of their better ones.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back