Santa Maria Drag Strip (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
Word on the street is that the former operator of a recently closed drag strip in So.Cal, that is now managing a strip in Arizona, has been approached by an extremely rich member of a royal family from a Middle Eastern Country that already fields a T/F-F/C team about building and managing a new state of the art facility in Santa Maria.
Great place for a drag strip - great weather, sea level, not to far from the SoCal area, close to Alan Johnson's shop......whoooops.
For those of you that have been around a long time you will remember there was a drag strip in Santa Maria years ago.

Last edited:
This is a good quote from that story....

"We welcome investors on all levels at this time," said Foster, "but we have not approached local racer Allen Johnson."

Man....that Pro Stock Racer Allen Johnson sure gets around.... from Tenn. to Cali.... I guess it does take cubic $$$ to win in Pro Stock..

I am wondering what Santa Maria resident and Top Fuel Crew Chief master Alan Johnson thinks of this?

This is something that has been going on for sometime now. Have been getting monthly updates from the people behind the seens. Last report I heard concerning AJ was that he was not approached by Everett was. That was about a month ago and all I'm willing to say at this point.

We'll be there in a few weeks with ours and many other racecars for they annual charity event; Cruzin' for Life - In Support of Marian Cancer Center, Santa Maria, California This will be our forth year going up there to be part of the burnout contest. Videos can be found on Youtube.com

Before the naysayers chime in lets her from PaubloCruz has to say. he lives there and knows all the players.

BTW, I will say that there is usually a big paying turnout for the burnout contest. And the proposal has community emmenities included like Swap Meet and Farmer's Market area, police training facilities, occupational training facilities (automotive training school), and so on. The LLP (or LLC) behind this are leaning towards making this an IHRA track too.

Last edited:
I pulled this out of the local rag. Santa Maria Sun | Publishing Local News and Entertainment for over 9 years in the Santa Maria Valley

There is pleanty of money there for this project. The time frame given is without any outside investors. However, plans are to have a hotel trackside with balconies overlooking the track, so a hotel company could be one of those outside investors they are seeking. This is one example they are looking for.

As far as our middleeastern freinds, they may have talked to them as well as other potential wealth investors. But these guys know, getting parties like those involved will take control away from the organization. And this organization wants to be in for a long haul. I will see Steve Foster next weekend and will get the latest update. I encourage everyone to come out for the Cruzin for Life event to see and feel for yourselves if you think this is for real.

With regards to the track manager mentioned, I think that would be great. However, this group has talked with several current, former, and almost track managers here in California about the job. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Last edited:
You know more than I do Gino. :eek:
I've been too busy trying to keep my nose above the waterline lately.
See you next weekend.

Sorry Paul, I should not have called you out like I did above, that was wrong of me. Words don't always translate on these chat boards for me.

Look forward to seeing you again. I'll have a t-shirt for you, or I'll have a t-shirt with the old company logo on it for you at the Reunion. Which ever you prefer.

It's been 10 years and the project is starting to get traction. We are building a youth vocational training center as a non-profit charitable organization called the California Youth Vocational Training center. The propperty will have an 1/8th mile drag strip on it. The location is near a small town called Casmalia in the hills SW of the Santa Maria Valley. we are currently working with several businesses and other organizations to raise funds that will 100% go to the development of the training center. We hope to start moving dirt within the next 90 days.

Here is the website that I just published: http://www.cyvtc.com/

There is also a Facebook page that offers some more information;

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back