Sampey/shirley (1 Viewer)

wow that woulda been a sweet deal but i gotta admit, i have a hard time picturing those two getting along for any length of time !!

Wow...that would have been a big shot in the arm for the NHRA ! Angelle is always such a fan favorite and Shirley is a living legend ! I just bet that a big sponsor will come forward soon and get this thing going. We need both of these great women out there doing what they do best.....WINNING !

Shirley comes from a time when a man's word was his bond. One way to deal with that is to tell it like it is when someone doesn't keep their word. It sends a message to the sponsors that you should be dealing with the racers you approach in good faith.

Not being self righteous here, either. My wife tells me I break my word about fifteen times a day!

I think these two hooking up is a master stroke of nitro marketing genius. We also know anybody that hooks up with Shirley runs an honorable business.

-jim

Wow

From "bashing" Angelle, to wanting to have her drive for her?

If you would have told me that Shirley has an Angelle voodoo doll, I would have never doubted it. Now this?

I hope the right deal comes soon for Angelle. I, like many many others sure miss her.

Last edited:
Angelle and Shirley are superstars and not having them involved in the sport just sucks ! I'd quit my job in a heartbeat just to work on that team for free ! There has got to be a sponsor out there to get this deal done.....any ideas from you guys ???

I really hope they get some sort of deal soon, Top fuel is the only category right now lacking a lady driver...hope that void gets filled by Angelle & Shirley.

To be honest, I am not a Shirley fan. However, I would have loved to see this team come together. It could have been nothing but good for the sport of Drag Racing.

I sure hope this happens soon, two very BAD ladies on the track, sure wish my company was big enough to take advantage of that, Good luck Girls

That sucks! If this would have happened it would have been huge for the sport.

HMMMM now angelle has all the necessary skills.
I thought Hillary had all the necessary skills just a few years ago.
Amazing how things can change so quick.

Wasn't Shirley promoting another female driver a couple of years back?

I'm not surprised. It's a dog eat everything world out there.

Wouldn't the National Guard sponsorship be a conflict with the Army sponsorship?
I may be wrong, but NHRA does not allow these type of conflicts.

Let's see if I understand this.......a promotional dream team gets ready to hit the track with National Guard sponsorship.....Someone at the National Guard decides that poor struggling Hendrick(convicted felon) Motorsports and their up and coming driver needs more sponsor support....two REAL racers, who would make the front page of every sports page in cities on the NHRA tour, get worked by the good ole boy network....

Muldowney-Sampey deal

I just read the article on Competitionplus.com What a horrible situation. Shirley tells it like it is. The Guard really screwed them over.

http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php/drag-racing/news/13315-muldowney-sampey-fall-short-of-top-fuel-deal[/URL]

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back