Ron Rickman Passes (1 Viewer)

Ron was THE finish line guru back in the day. It is the only place I ever saw him stationed. GodSpeed, Brother.

Late........Mitch

This is sad, I worked with Ron back in the 80s here in Cols.
I came to work one day with a NHRA jacket on and he told me who he was.
One of the stories I remember him telling me was the Kalitta top end crash at Indy(?) and him scrambling to get out of the way. I dug up my brothers old National Dragster and gave him the crash sequence photos they printed with Ron running for his life.
He knew that crash was going to be in Shirleys movie (wasnt out yet) and he was hoping when they reenacted it for the film, they would have a official jumping "out of the way" in the movie so he could be credited. Very nice guy, always loved stopping him and asking him about his work with the NHRA.

Rest in Peace Ron.

Last edited:
Thanks Craig for bringing that to NHRAs attention. Thats the photos from ND I gave Ron.
Haven't seen those since the day I gave them to him. Seems to me there were a couple more in the sequence in the original article.
I`ll remember Ron as a quite guy who would always stop and talk to this young kid (back then :eek:) bracket racer with a million questions.
Thanks again Craig, BTW stop out some weekend to a gig. Were at Holderbys next week.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back