RIP Jim Kelso (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I'm surprised that no one mentioned this. We lost Jim to Covid last week. He did some racing, but was best known for his work with a camera.

He was published everywhere, was an editor with a few magazines and websites and he was as good as any going back in the years. He was still active here at Tucson Dragway.

Alan

Alan, didn't he run a VW funny car? I think it ran S/C and he had wanted to put a blower on it & run CIFCA. Ah man, sorry to hear we lost another brother.

Thanks for posting this Alan, I saw his VW FC in Phoenix when I lived out there. Saw on FB that he had passed. RIP Jim.

Here's my post on FB Hard Launch Cafe, Jim Kelso has passed away. I'm sure several of you have known Jim over the years. He was a Tucson resident, drag racer and Motorsports photographer. Everyone loves his Shutter Bug VW race car. I got to know Jim during the early days of SIR here in Tucson. We bought many pictures of the grandkids racing their Juniors for Jim and Lauri. My fun memory is that I would take his picture of him shooting the cars. He enjoyed it when I would give him a copy of himself. One year at Firebird Nationals I was standing along the fence where he was shooting, yelling Hey Kelso at him he looked to see me, and smiled and waved. My grandson has become good friends with his son Jimmy. RIP Jim
1639495485961.png
1639495533021.png

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back