return of the cajun nationals (1 Viewer)

moon

Nitro Member
on comp plus, they got a story about a potential new track in the new orleans area.
i think if this all comes together they ought to run the race in the dead of summer. make the tuners earn that money more than they already do.

I go to Houston because it's at the End of March, in the Summer I wouldn't touch it! Sitting in 95 degree bleachers isn't for me!:confused:

I go to Houston because it's at the End of March, in the Summer I wouldn't touch it! Sitting in 95 degree bleachers isn't for me!:confused:

And add in the humidity, no thanks! I will be making my first trip to St. Louis next year since they moved the race to early May. I am not a fan of heat and humidity. I would rather freeze then sweat, plus you see better racing.

Gotta agree on the summer thing...Its brutal in the summer months it would be better in the spring and/or fall. I guess we will just have to see where this goes. Right now the best little track in La. is No Problem Raceway, great track friendly folks!

Houston's race isint bad. I hope they never move it to the summer. The weather is typically still cool (for our standards anyways) in the first of April. It used to be in March but it kept getting rained on for years and then they moved it back a couple of weekends and for the last couple of years, its ran pretty smoothly. I would love a race in LA, I would be there for sure.

isn't there also talk of Dale E. Jr. developing a motorsports complex in AL?
odds seem good that someone will build a nat. event strip.

Here is a link to Alabama motorsportspark . That's the part I wonder about, Lil E's track looks to be large multipurpose racetrack, that would be in close proximity to the proposed New Orleans track. I wonder if they could co-exist?

I would love to see both of those tracks built since I live right in between Mobile and N.O. I'll believe it when I see it though. Many "plans" for race tracks tracks have come and gone without a track being built. I'd also like to have the same seats I had at the Cajuns in Baton Rouge. VIP section row 5 seats 4,5 faced straight down the track. The cars were fired up less than 30 feet from where we sat.

I LOVE New Orleans but don't think thuis track will be built and if it is it'll be short lived.
It'll be years before the motels/hotels and eating places will be back to pre-Katrina levels. The rooms aren't there and the eating places aren't there.
Just drive I-10 thru New Orleans and you'll see the devastation. It's heart breaking to see the destroyed buildings and all the blue roofs ! FEMA came thru after Katrina and used blue tarps to cover damaged roofs....most are still there.........sad !!

John,
True there is still lots of work left to be done. The downtown area of New Orleans is pretty much intact with restraunts open full tilt and lots of hotel rooms. There is a big Realtor convention there this week(35,000 plus attendees). As for the east, where they are talking about this track being built. Its pretty much a ghost town, lots of recovery still needs to take place there. But it is slowly coming back, only time will tell how much!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back