IHRA Expansion (1 Viewer)

luxexpress

Nitro Member
We already know that Pittsburg is supposed to get an Event next year as an eigth mile event. Now Bobby at Comp Plus is reporting we may add the Cajun Nationals http://www.competitionplus.com/index...634&Ite mid=7 NYIRP, in New York was just purchased with the full intention of getting a National Event. Could the IHRA be looking at 15 National Events in 2009. Any other tracks out there that could hold an IHRA National - maybe Darlington or the new South Carolina track that is supposedly being built? In any case, things seem to be on the upswing for the IHRA.:D

We already know that Pittsburg is supposed to get an Event next year as an eigth mile event.

PittsburgH Raceway Park will be ending its season a bit early (right after the Bracket Finals in September) to accommodate additional construction including moving the starting line area back from its current location.

This extension of the track may be an attempt to get IHRA to reconsider the 1/8th mile distance for their National Event.

Wayne... either way that will be a great market for IHRA to be in..... Good Luck to them....

Billy

I hope IHRA keeps expanding and it reaches the midwest area. I know they are in Tulsa, but I would like to see them in Kansas City area, we need other options than just NHRA. It was a lot of fun racing when we had AHRA as an alternative.

I would like to see them in Kansas City area, we need other options than just NHRA. It was a lot of fun racing when we had AHRA as an alternative.

Back in the day, you could have reversed your statement. In the KC area there wasn't an alternative to the AHRA.

Long live "Pony Express Dragway" and all like her!

Back in the day, you could have reversed your statement. In the KC area there wasn't an alternative to the AHRA.

Long live "Pony Express Dragway" and all like her!

Wayne, it didn't come across the way i expected, there's no dought i appreciate NHRA, and what they have done for KC area, it would be nice to have a organization like AHRA to run with it. It was a lot of fun back in the seventies racing AHRA.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back