What's new in 2007 (1 Viewer)

Oh there are more than enough!! there were 14-15 at the fuel altered world championships at eddyville and a bunch more that couldnt make it for one reason or another. I dont think you'll ever see it but it would be cool if it did. we can only wish!!!

Didn't Ron Boggs run an fuel altered in TF? I think that he was running a FC chassis with some sort of crude altered/sheetmetal body on it. It must have been late 80s or early 90s.

Last edited:
We were in line to have over 22 cars at the World Fuel Altered Nationals. It was a range of full tilt 90% plus Nitro to very fast Alky ones. Our race was for a 16-car field. We are going to put on the race again this summer the same weekend. Mark your calenders! :cool:

The Outlaw Fuel Altered group we run with, has normally 13-18 cars trying to make the 10-car program they run.

Is there enough to put on an 8-car field at all the events, of Big % Nitro cars, probably not. The world record right now is 5.29 for a fuel altered. It was the Neese gang if I remember correctly. That car has fuel/clutch management etc. {I Think} ;)

There is a bunch of high 5's low to mid 6.0 cars out there. It would be very easy to put on a 4-car show with 1 or 2 cars there as alternates. These cars put on a heck of a good show. The crowds really get into them. :D

Perhaps this would be the perfect time to have 4-AA/FA's and 4-Nostalgia Funny cars, with the fastest one from each class coming back for a Final against the other one. The nostalgia deal is one of the hottest tickets in town and growing. :)

Rapid

Screw Blowers

I have been lurking here for a few day, but feel it’s time to voice my view on screw blowers in AFC. Having raced IHRA since 1990 and now a crew chief on an AFC in IHRA, I have to say screws are a very bad idea. Many racers and many fans go to IHRA races because they offer something different then NHRA. Pro Mods are a prime example of why fan consider IHRA a great alterative, so much so that NHRA has adapted the class and now offers a Top Sportsman and Top Dragster class to tap into that customer base, why, because they have fan appeal. If the AFC in IHRA look, sound and run just like their NHRA cousins, and does not differentiate themselves the whole deal becomes homogenized, then spectators and racers can just go to NHRA races to see the same things. The same goes for Alcohol dragsters; making them part of IHRA will only make a great organization look more and more like NHRA. IHRA has always been a leader in many areas when it came to putting on great shows for fans. IHRA needs to continue to lead not follow.

Jim Thurston
Crew Chief
TNT Motor Sports
Mich Fab Dodge Stratus

Well we are now into 2007 and we still have not heard much about the IHRA's 2007 programs. Heck, it is still not clear whether there will be AFCs at all. Someone out there has to know something.:confused: :confused: I sure hope the IHRA puts something good together since I think the new NHRA points program is a disaster and many will soon be looking for an alternative. In any case, best of luck to all the IHRA racers, sponsors and fans in 2007, I think it will be a great season.

www.myspace.com/aeruselectrolux

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back