Rahn Tobler (1 Viewer)

These are my people. I love them unconditionally wether they're winning or not. And , I would still love them even if they weren't racers. It's about family, the people and the friendship. I was a fan loooong before Rahn came onboard... and I'll be a fan loooong after their racing days are over.

John...Never have any regrets...plus your post make things interesting here...as most of it is same ole boring stuff...Keep it up...

Thanks for the encouragement Terry. I'm not sure what motivated me to write what I did. I try to be positive and supportive of our sport, and I was the total opposite.

I really wasn't directing those comments at Suzie, but it sure read like it. I just went back and re-read them and frankly, I'm embarrassed. You can't imagine how bad I feel...

John,

My son is with the Kalitta team also. This is the fourth team that he has been with and he is 21. He worked with his Grandfather on Wilkerson's team since age 10, helped me when I was with Haddock, and worked for Scott Weis. In all those years, he worked hard, learned his jobs, and became a great young man. He has survived cancer, completed college and has now been given the opportunity to be a part of a thoroughly professional team. If you see oil on the ground, grease crew members, etc., it's probably due to blowing a very expensive engine that they are trying to clean up. If you hear cussing, it is probably due to burning themselves on hot metal, or getting sprayed with brake cleaner in their faces. I can assure you that every crewmember on every team is well aware that there are kids watching them. They do their best to perform their duties with class and to show the utmost respect to the fans. All that they ask for is a little respect back. The Kalitta team has long been known for being one of the top teams in NHRA. This was earned, not given just because Conrad has been around for a long time. I don't know the exact time frame that you are referring to, but it is possible that my brother Terry was Scott's crew chief at the time you spoke about. I can assure you that he also expects professionalism of his crew members at all times. I'm hope that next time you see them in the pits, you will take the time to observe them carefully. I think you will see what I mean. By the way, if you happen to have any small kids with you after the races, almost any team will try to have a small souvenir to give away to them for free.

I know that we all have favorite teams, in fact I have many. I hope that my teams do well as everyone does. I don't degrade other teams or their crew members. One "bad" experience should not be used for your final judgement. I'm sorry I've rambled on.

Ken

Well no matter... I am however, going to be naming my next hemorrhoid after Suzie-Q just to bring a smile to my face, because of the pain in my butt... :D

3 in 44 years... :) Is that a lot?? Or should I be expecting more?? :(

Kalitta camp rocks, and no doubt will be in the hunt all the way to Pomona... All streaks come to an end, just ask Force... O.K. maybe not... He understands and took it very well, there are much more important things in life...Plus I might add, John, Coil and Bernie have been together how long?? 20+... So this has nothing to do with Rahn at all... Yeah it may hurt a little, but Jim-O, John-O, Connie, Mikres, and countless others in that pit will be back at Hotlanta running strong... I would really like to see Hillary holding a Walter in two weeks... That will make my day...

And I will display my Suzie-Q with pride... :eek: LOL

Suzie...I sincerly apologize for my comments. I'm confident your family wasn't involved in Scott's operation at that time.

Irregardless, my comments were cutting and unprofessional and shouldn't have been communicated in that manner on this forum.

I sincerely apologize. If you'd like to post my apology I'd certainly be fine with that.

John

Thank you John for your apology. I accept it and I will go to confession and take back all the things I was saying about you as I was in a boxing class at the gym for lunch.

Friends?:D

These are my people. I love them unconditionally wether they're winning or not. And , I would still love them even if they weren't racers. It's about family, the people and the friendship. I was a fan loooong before Rahn came onboard... and I'll be a fan loooong after their racing days are over.

Chris,

I'm starting to wonder, whether your signature at the bottom should read "Number one ass kisser" I might have to call up some people at the Kalitta camp and see how much love there is....

Doug Kalitta's team will be back on top here very soon...Connie didnt forget how to tune overnight...everyone stumbles every now and then.
At Houston, my 7 year old son and I were able to "sit and chat" with both Doug Kalitta and David Grubnic for quite some time and not treated as a "here is your autograph, keep the line moving" as some drivers do. I am VERY proud my son looks up to Doug Kalitta as a role model!!!
John, I'm not doubting what you saw in Topeka a while back, but just understand that EVERYBODY has "bad days" at work (I know I do:D ) and we as fans are watching there every move "while they are at work".

Thank you John for your apology. I accept it and I will go to confession and take back all the things I was saying about you as I was in a boxing class at the gym for lunch.

Friends?:D

I hope you didn't hurt your boxing opponent at my expense! And yes, of course we can be friends. I'm not sure how I got off track, by I certainly appreciate you accepting my apology.

Let's be friends...:)

I hope you didn't hurt your boxing opponent at my expense! And yes, of course we can be friends. I'm not sure how I got off track, by I certainly appreciate you accepting my apology.

Let's be friends...:)

I didn't beat him up too bad! Sometimes you get "out of the groove" and it is ok because we are all human.

We are friends!:D

Wow lets just break out in a version of Kumbaya:p

..ok sorry head hurts today and I'm a little cranky

John,
I'm impressed with your apology. You just jumped up a bunch of notches in my meaningless opinion. That took a real man.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back