Racing on Tuesday (1 Viewer)

The weather.com forecast looks awful for tomorrow, currently the weathermen are 2 for 4 this weekend. Friday wasn't supposed to be that humid and it was, they were right about Saturday. I kind of got that nervous feeling that something wasn't right Saturday afternoon, because the original forecasts had the clouds moving in on Sunday and the rain coming Sunday night, but the clouds began working in right after they finished the funny car session on Saturday afternoon. Today's forecast was pretty accurate though. This must be really bad for the Sportsman that jobs during the week.

I guess through a technicality PJ would be right, but as far as on track action goes Paul got it. That was also the last race for Cruz in the Interstate Batteries car. I remember that Sunday like it was yesterday, it poured all morning long stopped raining about 1 and they started racing around 2. The rains returned after round 2, Monday was a complete washout and they finished Tuesday morning. As a fan I remember hoping the rain would continue so they could return the following weekend, but that didn't happen.

Steve Johnson Indy win :D

:pLMFAO !!! PJ, you crack me up, that's funny chit !!
True fact is, that race was over the second Steve Johnson crossed
the finish line on Monday. It wasn't until Tuesday that the NHRA decided
to remove it's head from it's......."countdown" , so they could see the video
evidence. Hmmmmm, maybe the same guy that reviewed the Indy Video
on Monday is the same guy that watches the weather radar ? That would
explain the wasted day today........;)

When was the last time they (NHRA) had to finish a race at the "NEXT" race or the track that they were going to for the next race.. i.e. Eliminations on The first day either Thurs or Fri. Then go right into qualifying for the current race...

Got to see most of the races today while waiting for the "rain delayed nascar race." Showed everything up to when it started to rain again:(:mad:

When was the last time they (NHRA) had to finish a race at the "NEXT" race or the track that they were going to for the next race.. i.e. Eliminations on The first day either Thurs or Fri. Then go right into qualifying for the current race...

I think at this point NHRA is past of the point of no return on completing this race at Maple Grove. I originally thought they may finish it the Thursday before Indy but then it wouldn't be fair for some cars in funny car and pro stock to get two additional runs on the Indy track. It would also be difficult to ask the division one sportsman racers to travel to division three.

I wonder what the teams who went out First round are thinking???:p

Are they allowed to leave the premises in a case like this?

I know there is some draconian regulation saying they can't leave till certain times or things take place.
-Not sure when-

I know there is some draconian regulation saying they can't leave till certain times or things take place.
-Not sure when-

I always thought it was Sunday night after the finals. In this case I am sure the teams that are out, are long gone to Indy.

For those that missed the other thread - the Indy test sessions will start Tuesday, as scheduled. Since the race is still under way at Maple Grove, they have added Thursday, making it a three-day test session. Since it's already down to semifinals in Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, only four teams in each of those classes are still at Maple Grove, and only two teams remain in Top Fuel.

-Not sure when-

I believe trailers aren't allowed to leave on Sunday until 60 minutes after the final round is completed. I believe that this rule is in place to keep tractor trailers from running over spectators walking through the pits while things are still busy during racing activities.

Don't know if the losing teams had to wait to leave today or not??? Given the smaller crowds on a Monday, maybe the rule was not enforced today?

-Not sure when-
Well I just happened to see Doug K. , Whit and Kenny B. passing through Columbus Oh. (Route I-70 Westbound) around 1PM today.

Normally the "do not leave" rule is not in effect when the race is postponed to the next day because the crowds are not a problem. They permit the teams to pull out when they are ready - obviously, they try to coordinate those pulling out in order to keep the traffic lanes clear for those still in competition

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back