Race ticket prices (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Our Old Farts Racing Club Team Leader got us free tickets in pit stands for the Indy 500, so we decided to see what he could do for the Brickyard - :D
Amazingly, we have fourth row box seats in turn 1 (which are shaded by the huge stands above us) for $80 each!
We pay $3000 for our motorhome space at PIR races and are charged $99 each for wristbands for guests who want to go to merchandise areas or the infield.
Some very strange economics going on here. NASCAR is completely sold out for both PIR races. Are they having trouble filling the stands at Indy? Hmm

Our Old Farts Racing Club Team Leader got us free tickets in pit stands for the Indy 500, so we decided to see what he could do for the Brickyard - :D
Amazingly, we have fourth row box seats in turn 1 (which are shaded by the huge stands above us) for $80 each!
We pay $3000 for our motorhome space at PIR races and are charged $99 each for wristbands for guests who want to go to merchandise areas or the infield.
Some very strange economics going on here. NASCAR is completely sold out for both PIR races. Are they having trouble filling the stands at Indy? Hmm

Doesn't suprise me Jim! Open-wheel racing's been dying for the last 10 years!:rolleyes:

I think he was talking about the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race, Joe...

Nice price for tickets Jim!!

My bad, but remember that IMS holds over 300,000! PIR holds maybe 95-100,000??? That's a big diff!

Joe - this NASCAR race was sold out for the first several years. FedEX team photographer was in today. He said that attendance at last year's Brickyard was worse than Fontana (which has become a disaster for NASCAR).
We'll be at Indy in three weeks for the 500 - should be interesting to see if the stands are full. It appears that all motorsports series (including NHRA) have become too expensive for the average fan.

I went to the Inaugural Brickyard 400 after attending several INDY 500s. One Brickyard was enough. The track isn't condusive for exciting racing. The flat, in comparison to most, track creates pretty much a one lane race track. The field spreads out unless there is a rash of cautions with little passing. Also, the cars are running about 50 mph slower than the open wheel cars. Seems like forever for them to make a lap in comparison. Then you factor in that's it is run almost in August. I've burned up, up there, in May on occasion. Froze some too, but that's another story. I'm sure they will still have plenty of fans in the stands though, even without me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back