Maters going to the Indy 500? (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Four of the Old Farts are going to pole day weekend for the first time and donating a "Wild Wagon" for auction at the Sam Schmidt Foundation event on Monday night.
Twelve of us will be back on Tuesday before the race. Community Day at IMS on Wednesday and an NHRA shop tour in Brownsberg on Thursday! Carb Day on Friday and an open day on Saturday - might be a good time for a Mater Meeting!
Old Fart race headquarters is the Union Jack Pub at Crawfordsville and High School roads, about a mile from IMS. Incredible collection of racing helmets and art. If you want to hook up let me know!
Race day . . . our seats are in section A26 at the end of Pit Lane. We could meet in the infield area behind the Pagoda. Look for a crowd around the "Indy Flyer" Wild Wagon - :D Hope to see you there! - Jim

Four of the Old Farts are going to pole day weekend for the first time and donating a "Wild Wagon" for auction at the Sam Schmidt Foundation event on Monday night.
Twelve of us will be back on Tuesday before the race. Community Day at IMS on Wednesday and an NHRA shop tour in Brownsberg on Thursday! Carb Day on Friday and an open day on Saturday - might be a good time for a Mater Meeting!
Old Fart race headquarters is the Union Jack Pub at Crawfordsville and High School roads, about a mile from IMS. Incredible collection of racing helmets and art. If you want to hook up let me know!
Race day . . . our seats are in section A26 at the end of Pit Lane. We could meet in the infield area behind the Pagoda. Look for a crowd around the "Indy Flyer" Wild Wagon - :D Hope to see you there! - Jim

Went to the Union Jack for the USGP F1 race in 2000 and 2001 ... hung out with Jordan, Williams and BAR mechanics both years, they were nuts it was a great time.

I would love to make it to Indy for the 500, especially since the split is over, but I am not going to make it to Indy until the US Nats. I am making provisions for Brownsburg shop tours this year.

Besides, the best race in May only last 2 minutes!!!! (Kentucky Derby ... and I will be there)

Have a good time Jim!!!!

Last edited:
I am not going to make it to Indy until the US Nats. I am making provisions for Brownsburg shop tours this year.

Don't mean to hijack the thread...but, I am making my first trip to Indy for the US Nationals and was thinking of doing shop tours too. Do you have to plan ahead or can you just show up at the shops?

Don't mean to hijack the thread...but, I am making my first trip to Indy for the US Nationals and was thinking of doing shop tours too. Do you have to plan ahead or can you just show up at the shops?

Cheryl - I am planning ahead. There is no NHRA race the week of the 500 so most of the equipment should be at the shops. I would certainly call ahead to see what is going on Nationals weekend - it's got to be busy!

Cheryl - I am planning ahead. There is no NHRA race the week of the 500 so most of the equipment should be at the shops. I would certainly call ahead to see what is going on Nationals weekend - it's got to be busy!

I will be there again this year. Hopefully, the rain will stay away this year and I can meet you out there on raceday. My brother was asking me about the open house at the shops. Do you know if they are all going to do it again this year and if the Force shop will be involved?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back