Questions about Ontario Motor Speedway (1 Viewer)

Wasn't Dallas Gardner part of management at OMS?

What is funny must be how close the track in Fontana is in relation to where OMS sits. Between the two venues, one must ask, what went right, and what went wrong.

The gas shortage in the early '70's killed Ontario. I believe Chevron owned part of the track or land. :-(
I remember seeing Dave Benjiman barrel roll a fuel alterd in the left lane one Friday night not far off the starting line.........SCARY.....:eek:

Ontario was 10 years before ESPN. If it had been built in the 80's it might have had a chance.:(

A few more...

'78 World Finals. I think this was on Thursday afternoon, when we were trying to qualify in Pro Comp.
OMSfinals78.jpg

'80 Finals. Our last attempt at running a three speed in TF. Basically a 3000 mile round trip test 'n' tune.
I think Virgil had a little better luck with the three speed than we did.
Ontario1980.jpg

Another from '80 with a little better view of how close the starting line was to turn 4.
Ontario1981_turn4.jpg

Bones and Curt Carroll

A few more...

'78 World Finals. I think this was on Thursday afternoon, when we were trying to qualify in Pro Comp.
OMSfinals78.jpg

'80 Finals. Our last attempt at running a three speed in TF. Basically a 3000 mile round trip test 'n' tune.
I think Virgil had a little better luck with the three speed than we did.
Ontario1980.jpg

Another from '80 with a little better view of how close the starting line was to turn 4.
Ontario1981_turn4.jpg

Is that the car that says 'texas whips,, yall" on the nose? and ran A fuel at the springnationals? Or was that a later version that Richard Tharp drove?

Al, Casarez built this car as an A/Fueler, and Ben Griffin, who was already driving their older injected car drove it for one season. At the end of that year, the Carrolls decided to go back to TF, and I drove it until they retired. Richard drove several of their cars, but not after about '75 (I think) when he started driving for Paul and Leonard full time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back