Questions about Ontario Motor Speedway (1 Viewer)

I know someone will come up with this right away, but what was the name of the event before the World Finals race was moved there?

You knew I'd know this one. ;) Picked this up while playing there.:D Have another one, on my Meguiar's jacket too. :cool:

img300.jpg

Hey Savage, I'm know I'm late but Happy Birthday.

OMS use to run a great bracket program on fridays.:)

Holy **** Look at those ticket prices!!!! Around that time I worked at a Movie theater, and King Kong with Jessica Lange had just come out, and people *****ed up a storm cause tickets went up to $3.00!!! How times change....

If i recall. the spectator pit pass in those days was an upgrade ticket from a general admission, at least here at e-town. the weekly events were three to five bucks, I remember the national event being somewhere from the low teens to the high twenties by the time I was old enough to enter the pits in 1973 (18 in NJ)

If i recall. the spectator pit pass in those days was an upgrade ticket from a general admission, at least here at e-town. the weekly events were three to five bucks, I remember the national event being somewhere from the low teens to the high twenties by the time I was old enough to enter the pits in 1973 (18 in NJ)

I've looked through some Natl. Dragsters from 76-78 at they would have adds for Natl. events, aand if I remember correctly, reserved seats were like $20 so your not that far off base.

Clive and Bernie?

Capp in the yellow shirt...and the "Beard" off to the right.

Last edited:

Yup, see Gary's picture/tickets post. It was 11 dollar spectator admission ticket and a 3 dollar pit pass for a Sunday back then. :cool:

Last edited:
Wow, cool stuff. I went with my Dad who was working for Wide World Of Sports at the time, I don't remember the year but I do remember having an ABC Wide World Of Sports All Access pass.

And Cal Jam! Ted Nugent coming in by helicopter, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, and Keith Emerson playing a spinning Piano! Good times...........

Dan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back