Question about the renderings? (1 Viewer)

Cymon Sez

Nitro Member
I have a guy that wants me to do a rendering for his car(Line art as well as color photo adjustments). I am pretty good with Photoshop and Illustrator however I have never been asked to do this sort of work before(mostly catalog/posters type layouts for my regular work). What does someone that does this sort of work freelance charge per hour?

I want to help this guy out but want it to be worth my time as well.

Any help is appreciated
Steve

I normally charge a flat fee based on what the customer wants like how many car views, if they want to render truck & trailer, driver suit, length & resolution of any animations, print outs, etc.

Make sure that all parties involved agree to the price and when payment will be made and do it in writing BEFORE you proceed.

Steve, my friend who does this type of work charges based on the amount of views (front, side, rear, 3/4, etc....), pretty much the same as Paul (above) and for the cd that it goes on. Usually, it's a % up front, a % at the halfway point (where he can make any changes, etc) and the balance due at completion. I don't know what he charges exactly, and I won't even try to guesstimate, but what I would do is kinda figure out how much time is involved and go from there....
Is this going to be a VW-related rendering????? :D

I know when I was doing freelance designs for a company, I charged $300 for left, right, top and 3/4 views of car only, every other item, suit, transporter, crew uniforms, ect, was $100 each. I haven't done that work for a few years, my prices might be off.

Steve, everyone loves the pictures you did of my car in Vegas. If I may ask, who is the VW project for?

Ive been asked to not mention any names but I can say it will run in the 6's :D

I would like to take some more shots of your car if you bring it to vegas or sac.

Ive been asked to not mention any names but I can say it will run in the 6's :D

I would like to take some more shots of your car if you bring it to vegas or sac.

Hmmm.... Not too many 6 second capable VW's out there..... :D I think that there's one that just debuted that wasn't in paint yet.....;)

I can think of three in one shop... As far as I am concerned, they are the only game in town... I just wish their was a class in Comp they could run with the turbo and a VW in a dragster... what would that front engine car be, probably BB/ND? A nice 7.40 index would be icing on the cake, or should I say Paradise!

Steve, are you coming to Phoenix for the first Bugorama of the year? If not, I will bring it back to Vegas...

Last edited:
I will be in Phoenix and am looking forward to it. :D

Paint.........who needs paint when you have photoshop. ;)

I can think of three in one shop... As far as I am concerned, they are the only game in town... I just wish their was a class in Comp they could run with the turbo and a VW in a dragster... what would that front engine car be, probably BB/ND? A nice 7.40 index would be icing on the cake, or should I say Paradise!

That would be cool to see Kris get to run the f/e car at a national or even a divisional event! THAT would be Paradise! LOL!:D

I will be in Phoenix and am looking forward to it. :D

Steve, what day are you coming into town? If you need a place to stay of anything at all, let me know. If you are coming out saturday, maybe you can shoot the car at Speedworld or at a firebird test if there is one. Again, you have a place to stay of you want it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back