Pro Teams going/not going to Vegas? (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Any news about which (if any) pro teams might be skipping Vegas? There was quite a rumble a while ago about a prominent Michigan team considering not showing up because of lack of coverage....anyone heard anything or any more on that? Suzie Q, if you are out there, ya got any inside info for us? Inquiring minds want to know

That will be very interesting to see who shows up and who doesn't.

As of right now, I have not heard anything either way as to the Kalitta team showing up.

I bet they are sipping pina coladas somewhere on the beach right now, still basking in the glory of that wonderful win in Richmond!!! NOT!!! I am sure they are busting their butts somewhere!

I will let you know as soon as I read the press releases!!! :D

Last edited:
Thanks Suzie! That answer reminded me of the lawyers responses to the Russell settlement!!!!:rolleyes:

Seeing though Technicoat is located in Vegas, and have been Kalitta sponsors for a few years now I don't Connie will sit this race out!

if i was an independent TF team & could verify that 3 (or more?) of the tour
regulars would not be there, i would be heading to vegas.

How about the Ken Black owned, Hillary Will driven T/F car out of the team Kallita stable. Ken and his company are out of Las Vegas,Correct?
I would suspect Ken would want his racecar out in front of the hometown crowd.:)

How about the Ken Black owned, Hillary Will driven T/F car out of the team Kallita stable. Ken and his company are out of Las Vegas,Correct?
I would suspect Ken would want his racecar out in front of the hometown crowd.:)

Speaking of that car, I wonder how long they are going to keep funding it out of their own pockets.

I have parts in my trailer from Rodeck that are going to Hillary's pit when I get there, so I'm guessing they're going? I have a hard time believing they really won't be there with Technicoats race going on the same weekend.

Paul last I heard he had someone else driving for him, but that's been about 4-5 years. Unless someone else had that Sponsor Jack had in the end...

Can't see them missing vegas for all the reasons people mentioned above. but if the countdown leads to less than full fields at either of the final 2 events...well that would make me happy:D

For most major sponsored teams there is not a choice of not going to certain races..In the contracts I have seen the truck/trailer being parked in the pits @ all NHRA events is the maximum promise a owner will commit to..The contracts state that the car might not even run due to un-expected reasons but the colors will fly in the pits..
Kalitta cars will be there IMO...as will all the others...

Man I remember Pontiac Jack back when they used to party with Della Woods & her husband De in her garage. They swapped alot of parts. Jack's a great guy. It seemed like him, Della & Wayne Bailey formed a little alliance, all being from the same area. Kalitta was kind of on another level from them. Although Connie did sell alot of stuff to them, too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back